I'm super late with this one since we're on vaycay, but I still love my loves more than ever this summer!
DH:
-Wakeboarding over and over...huge biffs over and over...many headaches and sore muscles...and you finally love to be behind the boat as much as I do!
- Moving the contents of our entire house while I got to stay and play at the lake with the kids...plus setting up all the utilities, registering Walker for school, installing the appliances, selling our house, dealing with our new landlord, repairs, unpacking...the list goes on.
- What else can I say? You win hubbie of the year award from me!
Little Bear:
- To your cousin, Esther: "Who is your best friend?" (trying to get her to say "Walker, of course"!) Esther replies, "Baby Flora Kate". LB: "She's not even a person...she's just a baby!"
-Grandma is NOT a girl...she's a grandma!
- On the tube behind the boat you were trying to be brave with the big boys, Kyle and Connor Johnson. They went over a huge wave and you were obviously shaken so my dad stopped the boat and asked if they are having fun. The big boys whooped and called for more...Are you having fun, Walker? "Um, yeah...a LITTLE." (He was brave and kept going, of course.)
- Discovering video games and begging to play wii and xbox all day long. It's a good thing we don't have these at home in Cali.
Boo-boo:
- On the potty..."Mom, I love to poop!" and "I need a book."
- Taking your little cousin, Anna's, hand to help her down the steps and then holding her hand to take her to play with you. During dinner one night..."Anna, I love you!"
- Your naughty little heart...okay, my mom says you're not actually naughty, just curious. Hmmmmm.
- Playing for over an hour outside in my parents' yard on the tricycle and I peeked out the window to catch you climbing on top of Auntie Sara's car!
- Constant questions: "Grandpa, how do you make the boat go faster?" "Grandpa, how do you make the boat go backwards?" "Grandpa, can I drive the boat?"
- Sneaking into the fridge daily for your favorite treat: yogurt!
- Your precious version of your very favorite song, "I am a child of God", is hilarious. Performed from the pulpit in Sacrament meeting on Sunday, you dutifully "sang" each line two beats behind everyone else...but with great enthusiasm. Oh, and you breathed heavy into the microphone repeatedly too. Cute.
Cupcake:
- Scooting backwards, and rocking, and reaching and inching forward...I'm trying with all my might to prevent you from learning to crawl, but I think you're going to do it anyway!
- Constant "Ba ba ba", "da da da", "ma ma ma" (I like to pretend that you actually know my name.)
- When we first arrived in Calgary you were totally enamored with your Nana (Taylor), and you were scared of your Grandmama Spackman, but after only a few days you adore Grandmama and squish her face and grab her hair in delight.
- You love to cuddle your Aunties, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Grant, Walker and anyone else who will snuggle a sweet, soft baby.
- Your delightful first-ever ride in the backyard swing...the giggles were contagious.
- Sick and oozing and feverish during our drive up north and then complete relief when you started feeling better with your coos and giggles again!
- flapping y0ur arms in delight when you crawled across the room for the first time...there was no stopping you!
2 comments:
Too cute! I love your little ones!
Wow...I miss you guys...can't wait to see you in a couple of days!! Lot's of love from the Dad.
Post a Comment