Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lil' Peanut


Happy news in the Thompson house…we’re expecting another little peanut! If you can't tell, the baby is upside down in the ultrasound and she (hopeful thinking!) is only about 2.2 cm. Who knew that this minuscule embryo could cause so much trouble?!

The thrill of finding out about the miracle growing in my belly has been slightly dampened by my overwhelming nausea. I’m only about 8 weeks along, so the joy and excitement will return in about 6 more weeks when I start feeling better again. (That seems so far away!!!)
Drew followed me into the bathroom yesterday to watch me puke and he may have been a little traumatized because he kept saying “You cough, Mommy? You cough, Mommy?”, followed by lots of “ewwwww…cough in the potty”. Walker also thinks my new toilet-hugging routine is quite fascinating but I can’t understand why they want to watch. Gross.

Stu has been an incredible super-dad around here taking over many of my mommy duties and enduring my boring, sleepy, barfy self. I’m so grateful for friends and my sister-in-law, Katie, who offer to take the kids and for my incredible parents who offered to pay for a cleaning service for the next few weeks! Hallelujah! It's times like these that I crave to live closer to family.

“It will all be worth it” is my new mantra that I repeat over and over to remind myself what a blessing it is to participate in the miracle of bringing a new little person into the world. It’s not easy!

17 comments:

Soelbergs said...

Yay! I'm so excited! We get to have babbies at the same time. I wish we lived by each other so we could wollow in self pitty together while our kids destroy our houses.I'm 12 weeks and still not over it. I mentally had 12 weeks as the deadline and I just don't know if I have the emotional strength to keep doing this. My mom has sent her cleaning ladies over to my house as well. Our moms are the BEST! CONGRATULATIONS!

Flora said...

We are so excited that you are so sick!!! (OK - not so much the sick part, but the raison d'être!) Just keep in mind that this is the biggest service project that you can offer - that of providing a physical body for a sweet little spirit who will be part of your eternal family! We can hardly wait to meet her/him!

bubblegumandlipgloss said...

I KNEW it!! I heard your message (which was very cheerful considering how your feeling) and I thought to myself.....I wonder if she is pregnant, that would be awesome! And then I saw the title of the post. So excited for you guys, I forget how sick you get, that stinks, wish i was there to take the other peanuts, although I'm not tons of help right now. What a happy day Beth! I've got to call Josh right now.

Good luck!

Kelsey Marie said...

Yeah!!! Another Thompson baby for me to play with when I come back to visit from college!!!! I'm so happy for you, but not so happy that you are so sick. Seriously, anytime you need some help (you know I have no life!) just call and I'll be there. Congratulations! I love you Sister Thompson! :)

ang said...

Congratulations! What exciting news! Hope that you feel better soon and I look forward to hearing more!!

kasia said...

Oh my gosh, congratuLATIONS Beth! I'm crossing all my fingers and all my toes that you get to shop for wee dresses this time... but even if not, no doubt it will be another grand, gorgeous one. Way to go!

Blake and Yanery said...

Congradulations! Katie told me the good news. It was so nice to spend my last day in Cali with you. I wish you guys the best. Hopefully I will get a chance to come back rather sooner than later. Take care!!

Lauren said...

Congratulations Beth! Three is soo much fun - it is worth it. I hope you feel better soon.

Janine said...

Why don't you just come up here for the next 5 or 6 months? We'll take care of you!!

I'm sad you're so sick, but so happy for you anyway.

The Bjurstrom Family said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! Congratulations!!!!

Collette said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting! I hope you get a chance to have a little girl! But if not, Heavenly Father knows that you know how to bring up strong, honorable little men and that's an honor too! =)

I hope your morning sickness subsides soon!

Audrey and the Boys said...

Congrats Beth! That is such great news! We are so happy for you and Stu! Hang in there. I remember that when we first met I was in the same toilet hugging stage! I'm sorry that you are so sick!

Rachel said...

Yeah! such exciting news!! Hopefully you get the chance to do pink and bows but if not your boys are so cute one more will just be more fun. Get better soon :)

Maja said...

Beth!! THat is such great news- CONGRATS!!! My mantra for the same reason is "it will be fine, it will be fine... Holy Smokes four scares me... it will be fine, it will be fine..." So happy for you guys though! When are you due?

BarbaraJo said...

I am so happy for you. That is great news. I am sorry that you and Erica get so sick. I guess I have been lucky to have never puked but then again I am always so determined to never let anything come up. HA. Who knows. CONGRATS!!!!!

R. Patton said...

Congrats to you and Stu! Let's see if those great Thompson y-chromosomes dominated again! :) Boy or girl, children bring such blessings!

Kage said...

Congratulations!