The boys raced into the house with crisp new haircuts and shiny, bobbing balloons attached with ribbon to their wrists.
Purple for
Walker, yellow for Drew.
Walker bounded upstairs and Drew climbed up behind him giggling, trying to keep up.
I heard lots of laughter and stomping followed by a loud *pop*.
At the top of the stairs I found a truly devastated 2-year-old with tears streaming down his face wailing as he examined the shards of his beloved yellow balloon.
He was not having a tantrum, just grieving his sudden loss.
As I knelt down to comfort my poor little toddler,
Walker’s hand jutted in front of Drew’s face and I heard, “Here Drew, you can have mine.”
The joy was palpable as a huge grin spread across Drew’s tear-streaked face.
He grabbed the balloon’s ribbon and barely managed to say “Tanks,
Walker” while running off to play with his new purple ‘Supercuts’ treasure.
I think I was more excited about the turn of events than Drew.
Wrapping
Walker in a bear hug, I kissed his forehead over and over muttering, “My sweet, sweet boy”.
5 comments:
That makes me want to cry!!
That is so sweet - what an adorable little guy! It is nice when the oldest sets a good example.
Makes me want to cry, too. That Walker is such a darling boy - where did he get his empathy? I think from his mom and dad. You are doing something right!
So SWEET! I love witnessing those moments. It's so rewarding as a parent. I love that they feel the immidiate joy as well.
That is so precious. Give your boys a squeeze for me. I wish we could hang out more often.
Post a Comment