Friday, November 16, 2007

Huge Victory!

How appropriate that my first post is about poop! Hooray for adventures in parenting.

Here's the news...ready? Drew pooped in the potty today! That's right, my soon-to-be-two-year-old decided that today was the day he would tell mommy he needed to poop BEFORE actually pooping. He then shocked Walker and I (and himself, I might add) by producing huge plops in the potty. Unfortunately all the clapping, screaming and "touchdown" enthusiasm sorta freaked him out a little. He just looked up at Walker and I confused and asked politely to get "down". Later he did get pumped to flush and wave bye-bye to the poopies.

I never thought I would get this excited over fecal matter.

2 comments:

Flora said...

Holy smokes! Drew can poop in the toilet?!!! That is great news! Please tell Drew we are so very proud!

bubblegumandlipgloss said...

holy cow, that is unbelievable. we are working on Hyrum. I am soo excited you started a blog, i'll have to share all my blogging wisdom with you when you get back. i love the name though, i need a clever one....i just started kinda jumped into it without thinking of a cute name, i think that's why i've sorta lost interest, i need a blog that fits me better. anywho, so happy i can see what you're up to now!! have a happy thanksgiving.