Thanksgiving was extra-full of food and family this year. We had a fabulous time chatting, eating and shopping (my 3 favorite pastimes) at a big Thompson family reunion in Utah. Walker and Drew were incredible travelers on the 10 hour drive to Layton…they slept the entire way! Sweet Stu drove all through the night while his family snoozed (Isn’t that what daddies are for?). We arrived in Bountiful at about 4:00 am and crashed at Uncle Rob and Aunt Joni’s house for a few hours. The crazy part was that they were out of town and they still let us hang out in their incredible house and play with their sweet little dog, Cody. (Walker called her Susie the entire time because she looks just like his friend, Hannah’s, dog.) We were bummed that we didn’t get to see the Walker family, but the house was a perfect playground for our pajama-clad boys as daddy slept. The full-sized indoor basketball court, complete with balls and several trampolines was a huge hit.

The best part of the Thompson re
union was hanging out with Stu’s 3 brothers and their families, and getting to know the huge Thompson family better. Stu’s Uncle Wayne and Aunt Claudia were fantastic hosts and everyone was just so…NICE. Drew got to meet his name-sake, his Great-grandpa Andrew Thompson, for the first time. Both Drew and Grandpa Thompson were on their best behavior when we captured this four-generation photo.
On "Black Friday" Lisa and I got up at 5:00 am to hit the big sales...and surprisingly the stores were
packed with shoppers. Who are all these crazy people? Our hotel was strategically placed right across the street from a big shopping center and I couldn't believe that the parking lot was full (drivers were circling looking for a spot) and the line in Old Navy was wrapped around inside the entire store at 5:20 in the morning!
American consumerism is a sight to behold...especially when there are deals to be found in Utah! Yikes. Of course, I was elbowing and grabbing along with the rest of them and I got some cute new jeans for me...forgetting about all those Christmas gifts I need to buy.
As you can see, Walker loves little Olivia and all his "friends" (who are actually his cousins). I enjoyed playing with Stu's cousins too!

Of course I left my camera behind, so I'll post more photos of temple square and more when my camera arrives. (Thanks to Rachel and Sara for sending it to me!!!)
5 comments:
Sounds - and looks - like you had a great time in Utah!!! Love the photos! Dad asked why you and Sara don't post photos every single day. (I can't figure out why?!!!)
I am so excited that you are blogging. It is always fun to check in and amazingly enough makes me feel like I am better at keeping in touch. You look to be an experienced blogger already.
It looks like you guys had a great time! I'm actually a little jealous I couldn't be elbowing my way through Old Navy with you. Isn't Rob and Joni's house amazing? Dustin and I would love to spend hours with them on Sundays when we were in Provo. Oh, the Blue and White Party got it's name because those were the colors of all the decorations. (She also had yellow accents.)
Thanksgiving was so fun ! I can't believe how fast it went though. We need to get together more than every two years for the Family Reunion.
happy you're back and blogging. we need to get together soon!
Post a Comment