Thursday, February 26, 2009

Almost Spring

I love, LOVE this time of year: almost spring. The blossoms are popping out in the almond orchards, the air is a little crisp in the mornings and we can still wear cuddly sweaters most of the time. Waking up in the morning it's always a bit of a surprise what the weather will bring today: sprinkles, down-pour, cloudy or lots of sun. It is a great time to live here.

Yesterday afternoon it was sunny and beautiful, but somehow we decided to stay inside. With a new camera in hand, I used my favorite subjects to experiment.

Of course capturing Flora-cakes with a smile was tough...


...until her big bro got home from school!


...then she was all giggles and coos.

Drew refused to participate in our little photo shoot
unless his kitty could be involved.

I think he's in love.

Now, as for this new camera...maybe I should study the manual to figure out all the features and take photos out in the almond blossoms next time!

7 comments:

Stu said...

Nice camera work B! You can really see Drew's adoration for Chairman Meow.

Flora said...

These children are incredibly beautiful!!! Flora Kate is getting so big! And gorgeous! Her love for Walker is palpable! And Drew's adoration for Chairman Meow is beyond description. I like the new camera. I think you need to keep taking LOTS of photos!

Holly said...

Blossoms blooming! Your weather makes me green with envy! Yesterday it was -32 here… that is past cold, it is painful!
The pictures are great. I can’t wait to see the bunch of you in May!
Also I love that you call the baby "Flora Cakes"!

Kate said...

Wow, Flora looks so cute in that hat you bought! She is adorable!!

Janine said...

Cute pics, cute kids. I miss you guys. I'm glad you'll be up soon. Maybe the snow will be gone by then, but maybe it will stay snowy here forever.

Please blog more. What are you doing these days? What are you reading? How's school for Walker? Perhaps I should phone sometime...

Janine said...

Me again - Beth - read my comment on Kate's blog about cooking. I think it's funny, and I hope you laugh too at the final line...

Sara and Dustin said...

Sorry it took me so long to comment. We've been disconnected for a while. FK is SO CUTE!! I love your kids. I'm so excited to play with you guys soon. I also love your pics. Great job.