I must be neurotic.
I dreamed that the baby was in her crib crying and I was lying on the couch exhausted - not sounding too weird yet - and then Drew offered to go upstairs and calm her down. Great, I thought, then I can just continue to lie here. Of course this naughty little 3-year-old can take care of a 3-month-old infant - not my usual method of parenting!
Drew came downstairs a few minutes later.
me: "The baby stopped crying. What happened?"
Drew: "Oh, I just had to close her nose and mouff."
me: P-A-N-I-C!!!!
I'm such a frantic mess that my body shoots right out of bed, not realizing that it was just a dream, and sprints for the baby's room.
She's breathing. *HUGE SIGH*
My heart is still trying to jump out of my ribcage as I look at the clock (4:11 am) and realize that there is no way I can fall back to sleep.
Anyone want to psychoanalyze my neuroses?
6 comments:
No psychoanalysis needed. You're a mother of small children. Particularly, the mother of rascally Drew. He's a darling, darling boy - but a little destructive at times! I would have had a heart attack with a dream like that.
(FINE! I'll update my blog. I didn't realize it had been that long! Sorry!)
yikes!!!!!
let's see more pictures of the baby girl!! ;)
That must have been terrifying - worrying about the worst of the worst. I think dreams are where we work out some of our innermost fears. So sorry you had to go through that. It must have been awful. That's when I start praying. You are an amazing mother.
I love the photos you added! Cupcake is adorable!
Maybe this is what Matt does on a regular basis - jumps out of bed in panic, thinking "WHERE'S STUART?!!!
Once you become a mother, you are instantly a worst-case scenario-ist (that's my own made up word, by the way). Everything is cause for alarm and panic. I know because I've been there. Your life is no longer just about you, it's about all your kids and your husband. Your family takes precedence in your mind, so you're always worried that something horrible is going to happen. I can't tell you the number of times I've had bad dreams about the kids and me. It's just part & parcel of being a mom. I think it's Mother Nature's way of keeping us on our toes so we watch our family closely and protect them. I mean, think about a mama grizzly bear....
miss you,
Sarah
Post a Comment