Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Loves: June 2010

Hunny-bun:
- loved, loved doing adult stuff with you and your parents: symphony and dinner. Heavenly!
- two words: straight A's! (It's okay if I brag just a little, right hun?)

Little Bear:
- sick with a fever and bronchitis in the middle of June? wha?
- watching your darling little tanned, muscular body from swimming every day on swim team
- getting second place in your heat in the freestyle stroke - you're improving every day!
- "Mom, I don't know what to do...I have no more books!"

Boo-boo:
- "So, today is Walker's very last day of school?" *pause*
"When is the last day of church?!"
- praying every day that Walker will be able to go back to school soon
- rocking the pink jedi look (borrowing your friend's swimsuit cover-up) while cold at the beach...you didn't mind getting mistaken for a girl all afternoon since warmth is much more important

Cupcake:
- your happy little chatty personality at home (most of the time) contrasted with the squint-y scowl you give all strangers we meet. If our new "friend" is really lucky, you might give him your classic grouchy-smirk, but that's as cheerful as it gets.
- many, many words that only mommy can understand - 'octopus' and 'applesauce' sound exactly the same, as well as 'sock', 'frog' and 'snake'.
- while playing with a new Dora the Explorer game (okay, it's actually garage sale-new) I discovered that you know all the characters of your favorite show. "Who's dis, mom?" and then you proceeded to name every one: swiper the fox, map, boots, diego, etc. (Even though your cryptic words are completely indiscernible unless you're holding up a picture of each character, it was still creepy-impressive.)
- after an ear-piercing shriek to get my attention you politely say "more snacks please, mom!"

2 comments:

Flora said...

I LOVE you and your family! Reading this post makes me SO EXCITED that you are coming! Can't wait to see all of you! Tell Walker I bought some more chapter books. They are waiting for him in Montana.

Kathy said...

Hi Bethlahem! I hope I get to get a face to face visit with you and your darlings, but if not - just knowing you are in Canada is good enough for me! If I do get to see you, I hope I can get in a game of Dora the Explorer with your little Cup-Cake! Straight-A's - that's not bragging it is just the fact!! So happy for your Stu! Much love to all you Thompsons