Hunny-bun:
- setting a goal to water ski three times/day while at the cabin so you can master slaloming this summer...and you look great out there!
- speaking of looking great - you live alone for a couple of weeks (while we're eating Nanimo bars and Poutine in Canada) and somehow you lose 10 lbs by eating nuts, fruit, grilled chicken and spinach. um, crazy! ...yet impressive...
- our kids just adore you and even FK answers her own frequent question, "Where's Daddy?" Answer: "at WORK!"
Bear:
- "Dad, I accomplished all my goals today; I finished watching my movie AND went swimming in the pool!" (I. Heart. Summer.)
- 2 attempts at water skiing with only one quivering lip (you'll get up next year for sure!)
- after said attempts you were suddenly an expert and proceeded to instruct my teenage cousins on their water ski technique (is your last name Spackman??)
- your cute little buns in your super-tight jammers (swim team uniform that looks like spandex bike shorts from the 80s)
- "Dude, you can't go over there. Dude!" "Let's go this way, Dude." - conversation overheard with buddy, Isaac, while playing a wii game
Boo:
- the most joy you've ever experienced...EVER: riding on the jetski with Uncle Grant. Why? Because he let's you drive (kinda).
- sidling up beside me and planting tons of smooches on my arm/knee/shoulder to get my attention...LOVE that (much better than the frequent attention-grabbing raptor shrieks!)
- playing for hours in the lake up to your knees then dunking into the chilly water to "earn" a dip in the hot tub.
FK:
- suddenly your vocabulary has drastically multiplied after being around family in Calgary/Montana...sometimes it's hilarious to have a full conversation with a 20-month-old baby
- a recent screaming fit in the car ended abruptly with a big sigh and "Mom, I'm HAPPY!"
- urgently repeating the same nonsensical sentences, "a EEEE nana pee-o, mum. yuck" (repeat quickly 4 times) Oh, you ate the banana peel? "yeah!" (thrilled that I finally get it)
- one day you just decided it's a good idea to poop in the potty...and now it's happenening every day (with absolutely no bribes/rewards, just lots of cheering from the whole family). Um, no complaints here.
4 comments:
These posts always make me smile. Congrats to Stu for his -10lbs, Little Bear on accomplishing all of his goals, Boo Boo for learning a more productive way to get your attention, and FK for pooping in the potty. It has been quite the month for your little fam!
It has been so fun to spend time with you guys this summer. It was SO FUNNY to watch Walker "instruct" his big cousins on how to ski! Drew was so cute learning how to "drive" with Uncle Grant - both in the bumper cars at the Stampede and on the jet ski! And Flora's enthusiasm is so contagious! My goodness, I love those little pumpkins so much!
You have the best family, Beth! But I know, that you already know that! Yet another reason that I love your "My Loves" posts. It was really wonderful to see you - I have a special place in my heart for you nee:Spackman girls!! Love you lots - Kathy
Time for a new post, sweet pea!
Post a Comment