Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Loves: August 2010

Hubbie-of-mine:
- summer-time fun with daddy: bike rides, pool time, working in the garage, going out for ice cream, etc. It all came to an abrupt halt with Daddy's school starting again :(
- Recent conversation:
S: "You're so beautiful, baby girl!" (complimenting FK for the 12th time in one day)
Me: "Maybe you should also mention her intelligence, kindness and humor."
S: "You're so smart and funny, baby girl!" *whispers* "and beautiful too..."
- listening to you sing in a breathtaking 4-part mens' a Capella piece in church makes me swoon

Bear:
- falling down on the floor laughing hysterically into a pillow at a silly little farting joke - the potty humor has begun! Yikes.
- starting 2nd grade and loving it - You have the same teacher (apparently it's called "looping" when the teacher moves up to the next grade), half of the same students, and the exact same classroom as last year. We're hoping familiarity means second grade success for you, darling!
- proudly riding your bike home from school every day all by yourself

Boo:
- sun-bleached blond hair and a bronzed little body makes for an adorable little rascal!
- using your huge scream as a weapon at the park when you don't get your way. Okay, I take that one back; I don't think I love that habit very much!
- playing/crafting quietly for at least one hour every day during FK's nap - I love to watch you intently focusing every effort of that energetic little body on snipping and gluing or building Lego spaceships.

Cupcake:
- "Garbage, mommy!" as you sprinted to the trash can to deposit another treasure. Rescued from the garbage can: cereal bowl and spoon, bouncy ball, various semi-important papers, Boo's lego creation, a single sock, and many more items to be discovered missing later.
- "I watch poop!" with a huge grin. Translation: I want to watch the potty show, please mommy! (as big bro's are snickering)
- getting scared of your own shadow...literally. We walked into the dark hallway one evening and you grabbed my leg trembling, "I scared, Mommy." Even after showing you silly shadow tricks you're still freaked out.
- getting shy and flirty with the big neighbor boy...Blake (10-yrs-old) asked her a question today and she shrugged, twirled her pig tails and said, "I dunno."
- "What heck, Mom??"
- "Drew hurt me." - your universal answer whenever something doesn't go your way...it must be Drew's fault.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Can I blame everything on Drew if Letter School doesn't go my way. It may make me feel better if it's always Drew's fault :)

Love FK's quotes. And even the potty humor. Gotta love potty humor.

Flora said...

I love your monthly posts. Your kids (and your husband) crack me up! The only thing that would make these posts better is adding a current photo! Hate to show my ignorance, but what is the potty show that FK likes to watch?

b.liz said...

Sorry for the lack of photos, Mom. I'll work on it!

Also, there are several potty shows for kids...this latest one is called "Go, Potty, Go" that we found at the library...the tunes are pretty catchy!

Kathy said...

Just love your dear Family, Beth! Lots of love - Kathy

Flora said...

How do you feel about posting some photos of the firsts: first day of school, first cub pack meeting, or really - anything will do!

Kathy said...

Its almost the end of September - that means we are going to see your September Loves, soon! I am so looking forward to it! Much love