Even though the rain was persistent for our two days at Disneyland, we still had a great time...mostly because we were together - my lovely parents flew down and met us there! - and we could just walk onto any ride we wanted without much waiting. The kids had a blast
Walker: After going on a dark roller coaster, taking photos with storm troopers and then shooting lasers on another ride, we went over to the "It's a small world" ride. We waited in the rain for ten minutes (our longest wait of the weekend!) and finally boarded our boat. My mom and I thought the ride was adorable and were commenting on all the Christmas decorations and doll costumes...meanwhile Walker was thoroughly unimpressed: "This is just weird!"
Drew: Space Mountain, a dark and wild roller coaster, just blew Drew's mind. As he was stumbling off the ride he said, "What WAS all that???"
Flora Kate: Obsessed with all the princesses, like any little girl would be, Flora danced and pranced and waved like an expert. Her favorite princess is Aurora...unfortunately the boys made many jokes about Flora's pronunciation: "Seeping Booty".
We crammed a ton of rides into two days because of the minimal wait times so the kids (okay, and the parents) were able to do almost everything they wanted. Next time we can look forward to watching the parades and fireworks...and hopefully next time we won't need to go back to the hotel every afternoon to tumble all of our dripping clothes in the dryer! :-)

3 comments:
Mom and Dad said they had a lot of fun too. I love that you included a quote from each of your chicklets. I can only imagine the jokes about ‘seeping booty’, YUCK!
I miss you guys lots and lots.
Merry Chistmas!
PS. I really like the profile silhouette pic.
That sounds like so much fun! I'm sure you can appreciate it more with no baby in the pouring rain. That would not have been fun - better to have him safe in the oven. I'm so glad you guys had a good time! I would LOVE to see more pics sometime.
That was such a fun trip! Let's do it again!
Post a Comment