Stu:
I tried to be the empathetic, supportive wife when I really just wanted to howl with laughter after your torn shorts "incident". (just ask, it's hilarious)
you made mother's day a dream
getting all fit for bikini season (okay, you're getting in shape for water-skiing, but it doesn't hurt that you'll look hot at the pool this summer too!) It's fun to see you set a goal and work hard to accomplish it. Of course it kinda stinks that I'll be in post-baby pudgy mode at the same time. Blah!
Walker-bear:
scrunching up your neck and squealing like a torture victim every morning when I spray water on your hair to comb down your wild mop - yep, it's just water
singing your little heart out at a school performance...and snickering with your friend, Garrett, on the back row as you both do the cheesy actions with lots of sincere gusto
becoming obsessed with singing Praise to the Man over and over again...even taking the hymn book into the car to "practice" (You actually have a beautiful little voice and a great ear. I think voice lessons are in order!)
Drew-boo:
naughty to the core one day {stomping through mud in your flip flops, flooding the bathroom}
and the sweetest little cherub the next day {snuggling and smooching, helping make/eat cookies, playing quietly with your lil sis for hours}
starting swim team with no water skills at all but you worked hard and progressed so fast over the first few weeks. You're still the very slowest swimmer in the very last lane, but it doesn't bother you a bit! Sooooo proud of you.
Cupcake:
"Yes, Sir!" or "Yes, Momma!" with a stern face and an exaggerated military salute (cheeky little thing)
finally figuring out how to say your L-sounds and working so hard to get it right...suppressing our giggles when you emphasize your L's all day and then put L's in the middle of random words
all of a sudden pretty is a priority - begging me to paint your toenails and patiently letting me comb/yank/spray your hair into submission
running into the house to show me an ant crawling on a beach ball,
Me: "That's great, sweetie. Now go take the bug outside."
FK: quietly a few seconds later, "I ate it."
Me: "Wait, WHAAT?"
FK: "I ate it. Yook!"
...and there on your tongue was a chewed-up ant.
(Being Boo-boo's little sister means absolutely no fear of insects!)
3 comments:
So cute. Where are the belly pictures? We want a pregnancy update. Love you.
Ewwww. An ant? I hope she doesn't start eating snails next! Yum. Fresh escargo with a crunch.
Oh, and I can't wait to see Stu in a bikini ;)
I echo BarbaraJo's sentiments - where are the prego pics, Beth??? I LOVE the ant story. "I ate it"!! What a little outdoorswoman she is! You have SUCH lovely children - no surprise given their gene-pool! Love you lots, Bethy - thinking of you, and praying for you as you become a momma to your 4th little Thompson! x-x 0-0 Kathy
Post a Comment