Sunday, May 8, 2011

spoil the mom day

"Mother's Day is the BEST!"
- kids chanting as they ran through the house
with their tummies filled with treats

Daddy-cakes spent the day doting on his wife
and everyone benefited.

Thank you for an enormous (and very early) breakfast-in-bed. FK snuggled right up on my pillows and gobbled waffles, bacon and fruit with me, trying not to get crumbs in my sheets and utterly failing. She thought that eating breakfast in your bed was absolutely hilarious...and a little bit naughty.

"Happy Mother's day, Mom! I wuv you sooooo much."
- from my two-year-old little dollface about a million random times today

Thank you for cheerfully taking over my nursery duties at church so I could chat with my girlfriends...oh, and go to sunday school too.




Thank you for researching the best possible lasagna recipe the internet had to offer, altering it to add more Italian sausage and then spending hours creating the most scrumptious lasagna I've ever eaten...no joke! An impressive rookie accomplishment. Then you masterfully whipped up your mom's sour cream chocolate cake to perfection.

Just, wow.


my man...the master baker ;)

"Dad, could you go get me a barf bucket? I feel like I might need to throw-up...but not in the sick kinda way, in the good kinda way because I just ate too much."
- Booboo lying on the couch after above incredible dinner

Thank you for cleaning up the enormous kitchen mess and rubbing my feet too (...way better than jewelry!)

"I love you because you make me feel really happy."
- written on a blue paper heart and hung from the chandelier

Am I spoiled, or what??

4 comments:

Flora said...

Wow! What a Mother's Day! You totally deserve it! You are a wonderful mother and your husband is a peach. Happy, happy Mother's Day!

BarbaraJo said...

How sweet. I LOVE the photo of Stu in the apron. Nice! I have a nursery calling too. I hope you are feeling well. We want to see some baby bump pictures of you.

Sara and Dustin said...

What a great family! I love seeing the photos and hearing all their little sayings. We really miss you guys. I'm so excited about your little guy coming soon! Happy Mother's day!

Soelbergs said...

You're having another boy?! How did I not know that?! That's crazy. Spackman girls having boys! I wouldn't even know what to do with one :) Your kids are adorable. I love reading all the funny things they say!