Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Loves: March

Stu:

BYU's loss in the sweet sixteen = hours of discussion with friends ["That game should have been ours!"] Don't worry, hun...you'll be able to see Jimmer's ridiculous skills another day. *fingers crossed*

Bear:

building and re-building your lego pinewood derby car to make it perfect - and you were so proud of your creation (but daddy was probably more proud of the 'most creative car' award...good work to both of you boys!)

making your mom all teary-eyed after writing the most darling letter to your brother-in-utero

Boo:

celebrating your green blankie's birthday every other day with a stuffed animal party and camping trip to the living room
(This fabled camping idea sounds so peachy, doesn't it? Maybe someday your parents will take you on a real camping trip! On second thought, mommy loves not camping.)

non-stop chatting about your enormous stuffed octopus...
Boo: Oct-y is so old that he's lost some of his brain! Oct-y is so old that he can't even read anymore. Oct-y is so old...
Me (half-listening while doing laundry): That sounds pretty old.
Boo: Yeah, he's 26!!!


obsessed with your new stuffed bird, Sweet Tweet (I'm noticing a trend here with the stuffed animals!)

FK:

flirting shamlessly with your big brother's friend (who is 8, btw!) following him around:
"Isaac, I'm twoooo!"
"Yook at my pwitty dwess, Isaac."
"Duuuuuude!"


trying on your shiny new helmet (pink, of course)
FK: "Yay...it fits!" *pause* "Mum, can I have a bike now?"


opportunity to rescue my baby girl from getting paved into the street as you ran in front of construction vehicles outside our house...little stinker!

Me: It's sleepy time!
FK: "Yeah, it's sweepy time!" *in my exact melodic intonation*
Me: Did you say it's sweepy time or sLeepy time??
FK: "No, it's sweepy time...swwweepy...sWeepy...Momma, hewp me wif my mouff!"

5 comments:

Kristy Tanner said...

Beth your family is just the cutest!! Hope you are feeling great!!

Flora said...

I laugh out loud every time you post My Loves. Your children crack me up! Any chance you could post the letter that Walker wrote his soon-to-be born baby bro? He is such a darling. And Drew's obsession with his stuffies is hilarious. When Dad bought that ENORMOUS octopus, I thought he had lost his mind. But it's sure been well-loved! And Miss Flora - trying to be a construction worker! So glad she was safe. When Baby Boy Thompson makes his arrival into mortality, I'll bet Grandpa would love to help Flora with her "mouff." Grandpa LOVES to teach diction. (He almost got Lucy to say her "R" sounds before we left NJ.) Love you! Can't wait to party with the new babe and the big kids!

Flora said...

Hey! How come you don't have any snow? Don't you know it's still almost April?

Kathy said...

Yeaping Yizards! Fwowa can't say "L", and neither could my kids so I would ask them to say Leaping Lizards, and then hug them so close they wouldn't see me giggling at how cute they sounded. SOOOOOO darling! Your family is a joy to read about - I can only imagine how wonderful it is to live it, Beth! You're such good parents! K

Mary Anne said...

Can you have Stuart take a photo of your belly? I am dying to see how cute you are!