Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Loves: July 2011

Stu:

playing the role of 'manny' for two weeks - driving kids around, folding laundry, mastering family Costco trips, swimming every day - while you were "in between successes". Now that you're back at the grind, I'm longing to have a full-time parenting partner again.
(Although it's a little sad that you might be better at my job than I am!)

Walker-Bear:

you just adore your baby brother and, unlike the other "helpers" in this house, you are actually helpful! Watching you rock and feed and chat with the baby just warms my heart.

bronzed with muscle definition, you are starting to feel competitive during races at your swim meets. Congrats at reaching your goals and getting faster! I'm so proud of you.

begging to have have a play date, then I find out your motivation is to get help in beating a level on your video game. "Let's see...who is really good at Super Mario Galaxy 2?"

Drew-Boo:

oblivious that you are by far the last swimmer to reach the finish in every. single. race. Hundreds of onlookers, waiting for their kid to have a turn, watch you struggle to safety. It's slightly embarrassing, but I just love watching your determination!

always in your own little world with your head on much more important things than getting your shoes on, stopping to go potty, eating lunch, or walking to the car...so many distractions!

"I want to stay here with you guys!!" - obviously concerned after learning about foster children. Daddy was explaining that some parents can't take care of their kids and so they are sent to live with another family. Drew panicked.

Cupcake:

baby H starts crying in the car and you exclaim, "Mom, the baby is getting fuzzy again!"

obsessed with the everything baby - soother, diapers, nursing, little fingers, baby belly button, etc. - I can't keep your little paws off him! When he's sleeping you beg to wake him up.

"I would like to stay with mom, actually."
Talking like an adult, but clinging to my skirt with tears in her eyes like a true two-year-old getting dragged to nursery.

often starting sentences, "When I'm a big boy, I'm gonna...."

Piglet:


your main job is eating, pooping and sleeping...and getting lots of smooches

somehow, you broke out into the worst case of baby acne that I've seen. Poor little munchkin looked pretty bad...good thing it didn't stop all the snuggles.

your first real smile was directed at your (favorite?) brother, Walker...lucky kid! Now your smiles come easy to anyone who catches your attention...and those little 'coos', oh I just swoon over them!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh so wonderful to read your "loves". They are truly lovable love, Beth. Your family sounds wonderful. Good on you and Stuart for being such good parents to these little darling ones. Kisses to all from me! (p.s. the mani-pedi looks great - what fun.) [hey - my word verification is Monesson - is that Like PRESIDENT MON(es)SON???]

Nortorious said...

I miss baby Harris. And you. And the rest of your family.

Unknown said...

Beth, you are so beautiful! What an amazing family you have. I can't believe you are the momma of FOUR!!! Where has the time gone? I am so super proud of you.
I loved the photos of your adorable kids and reading everything. It made me laugh!!! It brought many memories to mind.
I love you... you were the little sister I always wanted!
Love Aunt Holly xoxo