Thursday, January 10, 2008

Reindeer prefer salt

Walker was on pins and needles anticipating the arrival of Santa. (Isn't Christmas so much more fun with enthusiastic little kids around?!) On Christmas Eve we left out the traditional milk and cookies for Santa, and usually our family includes some carrots and a plate of salt for the reindeer to lick. This year Walker wanted to do a "consperience" (translation: experiment) to see if the reindeer actually prefer sugar. Makes sense, right? He made little signs, with help from Auntie Holly and Grandpa, and left two plates on the fireplace. Of course Walker was thrilled, and a little surprised, to find out Christmas morning that the reindeer actually liked the salt better. Our little scientist learned an important lesson: one's hypothesis is sometimes incorrect...especially when it comes to studying those elusive flying reindeer!

Walker, Drew and (their darling cousin) Anna - dressed in matching pjs from Grandma - loved their new toys and tearing open all the presents. You can tell Anna was thrilled with the experience!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love your Christmas pics!! I've been waiting for you to post some! Skiing looked so fun! I haven't done that in years and years. I'm glad to know that the reindeer prefer salt.. I had been wondering about that the other day.