Walker and Drew went playing in the snow our first day in Calgary (this was even before I purchased proper snow gear) and they both couldn't stop shoving snow into their mouths. Eventually I had to drag Drew inside kicking and screaming to warm up his frozen little hands and face! This theme continued throughout our month-long stay in the great white north.
James and Janine took us tobogganing close to their house and the boys loved it. Unfortunately, Sam (Walker's darling 9-yr-old cousin) ran into a fence face-first and chipped a tooth! Owch. Drew loved the steep hill and he kept saying "again, again" before we even reached the bottom.

Drew and I hiking back up the hill with Alex and Coleman.
Walker and I ready to scream down the hill again.He refuses to open his eyes because the sun is too bright.
Some of our favorite time was spent at the "Spack-mansion" in Montana during the week of Christmas. (I can just imagine my Dad's jaw muscles bulging in and out as he grits his teeth reading my description of the gorgeous house he built on Dickey lake.) We loved being secluded there with only the snow and hot tub to keep us entertained. Oh, and there were the intense games of Settlers and Rook...and and the loft full of toys, foosball and air hockey. Plus we enjoyed the snowmobiles and the ski hill...and Target, of course.
Okay, I guess there was lots to keep us busy, but we were all together for a whole week so we had a fabulous time. Thanks Mom and Dad!
testing the ice depth before we ventured out with the snowmobiles.
Don't worry, nobody broke through the ice.
Don't worry, nobody broke through the ice.
(A snowmobile worked much better than dogs in this case.)

Our chilly little family after feeding carrots to the neighbor's horses.
This is me nervously carrying Drew while skiing
down to reach the bunny hill at Whitefish.
Not too safe! Notice the flat hill and my serious snow-plow.
But that's not as bad as...
My dad skiing with Drew ON HIS SHOULDERS! Are you kidding me?
Drew had a great time playing in the snow and hangin' out with Grandma in the lodge. The grossest part of the whole ski day - okay, maybe the grossest part of the whole Christmas vacation - was Drew's huge poopy blow-out that basically filled the inside of his snow pants (I know, it made me want to hurl too!). Walker generously donated his long johns so Drew didn't have to run around in his diaper. What a mess!
Walker learning to ski with his Grandpa.
I think my dad has taught countless kids to enjoy freezing their
buns off while hurling down a steep hill on planks.
It's a little unnatural, don't you think?
Holly (ready to rob a bank), me and Mary Anne on the slopes!
I had to include this adorable photo of my bundled niece, Anna,
enjoying the snow with her daddy, Dustin. She is such a happy little munchkin!
down to reach the bunny hill at Whitefish.
Not too safe! Notice the flat hill and my serious snow-plow.
But that's not as bad as...
Drew had a great time playing in the snow and hangin' out with Grandma in the lodge. The grossest part of the whole ski day - okay, maybe the grossest part of the whole Christmas vacation - was Drew's huge poopy blow-out that basically filled the inside of his snow pants (I know, it made me want to hurl too!). Walker generously donated his long johns so Drew didn't have to run around in his diaper. What a mess!
I think my dad has taught countless kids to enjoy freezing their
buns off while hurling down a steep hill on planks.
It's a little unnatural, don't you think?
enjoying the snow with her daddy, Dustin. She is such a happy little munchkin!
10 comments:
so much fun! i am totally jealous. i'm glad you guys had such a great time. and i don't know why kids don't seem to care about the freezing cold. glad you're back though, we need to get together.
Beth:
Your kids are so adorable! They are getting so big. I'm jealous you got to go to Canada for so long and see Lisa and be in the snow!
Hi this is Aunt Claudia
We loved the pictures we received. Some did not come through. You are right! Kids do make Christmas and Snow so real and fun. We love you.
You did a great job of describing our amazing time at home. We miss you guys already!! I wanted to mention to you as well that several of your pictures didn't work. You may want to upload them again. Love you!
I'm thrilled that you are checking out my rambling blog and family photos. My pictures keep disappearing from my blog...weird. I've actually uploaded a few of these several times. Any pointers from experienced bloggers out there?
Beth - your snow adventures look like so much fun! We are just so far from that. We don't own anything to even start attempting to make plans to do something like that. I can't believe you skiid while holding drew. I would have killed myself plus the child! I barely passed my skiing class at BYU. I'm just not very coordinated or daring! My poor kids. I'll have to send them to live with you for a little bit so they can have all those fun experiences:)
Estuart y Beth - Feliz ano nuevo! So happy you guys started blogging!! Now we get a little peek into your lives. Ang especially will love it. Big hugs and we need to vacation in Canada very soon... maybe when it's warmer. I'll get my visa. Later!
Love the picture updates. It looks like you had a blast. And it does look COLD - trully what I picture Canada to be like having never been there myself.
Your blog is great!! I linked you on ours so you're easy to find...hope that's okay!
Looks like you had an amazing time! Can I just say how jealous I am of you that you got to go play in the snow?! :) But I loved the pics, they were adorable! :)
Post a Comment