
We decided to inject a little sunshine into this gloomy morning.
A gray, rainy sky + learning about the death of our beloved prophet, President Hinckley
= SUNSHINE SALADS.
W & D gobbled up the sunshine which brought a huge smile to mommy's face. (Walker even ate most of his lettuce.) If only I had set the whole plate into a jello mold...then it would have been a perfect 50's throw-back moment!
5 comments:
You are so creative! What was included in your salads? I think Walker and Drew's cheesy grins are absolutely hilarious.
Drew is learning to ham it up...and Walker is perfecting his UN-natural camera smile. What talent.
I can't take the credit for this; we learned about it from Walker's Highlights magazine. (Thanks to G'ma S...I mean Santa...for the subscription!) Basically you throw a pineapple ring on top of some lettuce, arrange the sun's rays around it (mandarin orange slices) and plop some yogurt in the middle.
How cute are these two!!
Walker and Drew are little rays of sunshine! Great salad idea! A couple of nights ago, we had beef stew, homemade whole wheat bread and chocolate chip cookies - and Grant asked if we were living in the 1950's! We need a sunshine salad today - it's sunny in Calgary, but very, very chilly!!!
You are the cutest mom! If that sunshine salad will get my girls to eat lettuce, then I'll make it for every meal! I'm sad you're not coming for the wedding. I think my mom has had a lot of drama, but I haven't been much help at all. I think when I come over with my two kids to help, it turns into chaos rather than help. Oh well. Thank goodness for hired help:)
Oh - and I forgot to mention how hot you look in your snow clothes on your previous post!
Post a Comment