Happy little Walker pranced off to his first day of kindergarten like it was no big deal. Meanwhile his mommy and little brother had some slight separation anxiety. Of course there were a few tears - not from Walker, but from me - as we said goodbye, but it was entirely non-dramatic. I whispered in Walker's ear "I'm so proud of you for going to school. Have a great day! *sniff*" and Walker non-chalantly gave a brief hug and said "See ya, mom." Drew didn't help my teary situation as he begged to go back and "see Walker in 'cool" while we walked back to the car. Walker was much more courageous than both of us!

Walker is standing against the wall with his class ready to start his long journey of education. The children look entirely bored and ready to get on with it as parents are huddled around weeping their goodbyes. (I wasn't the only one!)
I hope Walker eats his lunch we packed...I hope he is polite and listens to the teacher...I really hope he doesn't get lost/hurt...I hope he makes friends...
He'll be fine.
11 comments:
He looks so cute for his first day of school! I'm sure that all Mom's feel the same way and have the same worries that you do for Walker. Ryan is only 2 1/2, and I already feel that way. You should be proud, you have 2 cute boys!
He is so adorable! Way to go, Beth. You successfully sent your first child off to school. Now the rest of them will be that much easier. Just think of the fun bonding time you get with Drew now!
Walker is such a big boy!!! Congratulations on surviving a momentous day!!! Nice hair cut, Walker-boy!
Please let me know how it went so I can stop crying too!!!! I'm dreading that day!!
He is just so cute!!! I'm dying to hear how his first day of school went!!! I'm sure he had a fantabulous time! But how did you do?! :) Love ya always! <3
Update:
Walker had a great day and with great animation he described the cafeteria and the two playgrounds...his favorite part was playing on the huge playground with the older kids after lunch (but he got really hot, he said...of course, it is crazy hot outside!). He only briefly mentioned coloring and playing with blocks in the classroom. He is really loving school already.
UNFORTUNATELY, I got a call right after school and his name came up on the transfer list and he is starting at another school on Friday! We have to start this whole first day of school thing all over again and he is already traumatized about it. This new school is much closer to our house, he has several friends from church going there, and it is brand new...so I think he'll like it there once he gets settled. He needs lots of prayers for the adjustment part!!!
I knew Walker would have a great time! How exciting to be able to do it again! I'm sure you will help Walker remember how fun it was the first time - and this time it will be even better! Time for another blessing for Mommy and Walker?
Is your kinder all day too? That freaks me out. Tori starts next week. I had to buy Alex a backpack too so she can "think" she is going to school too. Walker is so tall. He is already the tallest in his class (looks like anyway). Good for him!
Wow! Our first day for Grace is only two weeks away, and I am already crying about it. I keep talking about Grace going to kindergarten in the fall, and Matt keeps reminding me that it is only two weeks away. I just can't believe that it here! Congratulations on Walker's first day!
I totally feel for you!! Whitney starts kindergarten next week and every time I think about it, I start tearing up. Our precious little kids are growing up!!
Good job, Beth! I was talking to Alan's grandma who has 10 children and 88 grandchildren and great-grandchildren well into the hundreds. She said when her youngest was graduating from highschool, she told her that her car was broken on the last day of school so she could drive her to school one last time. That meant she had to pick her up too. So, I don't know if it gets easier. I'm crying just typing this story. It just means your a good mom - that you want to be with your children.
Walker looks so cute and proud! I can't believe how grown up he looks with a backpack on.
Post a Comment