Okay, my baby is starting kindergarten on Wednesday and I'm sorta freaking out. I know he is ready...like, really ready...but what if I'm NOT! He is going to be older than most of the kids in his class and he loved preschool and he is quite prepared learning his letters and numbers...but I have so many fears for him as he starts his first full day of school. What if he gets lost in the building? What if there are mean kids? What if he loses his lunch money? What if he gets upset and I'm not there to help him through one of his little emotional tiffs? What if...
I even had a dream the other day about helping Walker across a busy street at night and then, as hard as I tried, I couldn't protect him from a vicious dog attacking him in the face as soon as we got to the other side. Yikes.
I know it's ridiculous and I guess I need to get over it, but I'm just really nervous for him. It's almost like MY first day of school with the nervous tummy aches.
8 comments:
Oh, Beth - this IS traumatic! Do you think maybe you are projecting your own tearful fears of the first day of school? "Firsts" have always been difficult, and now it's your little one! It's even more difficult when you can't be there to protect them!
You need to have the confidence in Walker that he will be able to handle whatever is thrown at him. He has handled everything in life so far; he's an exceptional child - bright, inquisitive, resourceful... He will do great! It's YOU I'm worried about. Maybe Stuart can give you BOTH back-to-school blessings! I don't expect Walker to be nauseated on his first day of school. I will be surprised if you are not!
I am really anticipating the photos of his first day of kindergarten! And I want photos of you, too! You can do this! (And it will get easier, I promise.)
Tori starts kinder too this year. I feel your fear!
Walker will do fine. I worry most about Olivia's teacher...how will she be able to handle 2 1/2 hours each day with my little "darling"...
Before you know it, you'll start to love the break!
Good luck!
Wow! Little Walker!!! I am 100% postive that he will have a great first day. He is one of the best little boys that I know. He is a strong, smart, wonderful boy who has been taught by two exceptional parents. I know he will do great! I hope you get through the day okay though! I can only imagine what it must feel like cuz of course I have no children and I can think of nothing that can compare to this feeling you must be having. But everything will be fine-I promise. Like I said before-Walker is a great boy and will have a great day! Joshua 1:9 :) Enjoy the scripture--its my favorite and gives me courage when I am afraid. I love you!!!
I think most moms know how you feel! although i haven't had any scary dreams like that one. walker will be great, i like what your mom said. good luck though, i'm sure that first week will be pretty tough.
I am sure I will feel the same way! I can't believe that he is getting so big! He was just a toddler when we first met him. He'll be fine, but it is hard to see them grow up and scary to know that you can't be there to protect them every step of the way!
I hear you Beth. I'm still a year away from that and I'm already freaking out. I don't understand when moms say they're so ready for their kids to get into school. I am totally dreading it. One of our friends said every Friday he would eat lunch with his Kindergarten aged daughter at school and the kids would line up for him to open their applesauces or puddings or juice boxes because they couldn't do it on their own. That broke my heart. I think we send our kids off way too young, but as a child, I never felt that way. So I guess I need to trust in my kids and let them go. OH - so sad. The other thing I keep thinking is that no teacher can ever love my children more than me - why do they have to spend the majority of their time with them? I guess we can't do it all as mothers. Hopefully I will feel greteful to some sweet teacher who helps raise and influence my child for good. Wow - that was a long comment. Can you tell I've been thinking a lot about it?
Please tell Walker we are excited for him today! We are praying for him - and for his mom!
Post a Comment