Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Boo-boo and Mommy


Little boo-boo and I have had a lot of time alone lately since big bro is in school. Not only are errands much easier with only one child (even if he is a two-year-old rascal), but we have lots of time to search for bugs in the backyard, play trains and just goof around. I actually really enjoy this child!

He is obsessed with collecting potato bugs...known affectionately as "roly-poly's" in our house. He will spend hours in the backyard with several buckets and assorted containers collecting dozens of roly-poly's and torturing them (literally!) with so much love. He is constantly asking for some water because the bugs want to "swim" (ewwww) or he will leave them in a bucket on the cement to roast in the sun (gross). At least he hasn't tried to eat them yet! Needless to say, he spends almost as much time in the bath as he does in the backyard.


To illustrate his extreme love for these bugs, he was really mad that I forced him to sit in the stroller for 30 minutes while I took a little walk this morning (my first attempt at some exercise in months...pathetic? yes.). He didn't take his eyes off the sidewalk the whole time as he was desperately searching for more of the slow-moving little black bugs. Every time we passed a bug (or even a little black speck) he let out a huge "ooohhhhhh" whine because it was another missed opportunity.

My littlest boy is so affectionate and adorable sometimes. Lately he gets a kick out of saying, "I have a seek-wet [secret]" and then he leans in to whisper in my ear, "I wuv you! heehee". He'll also say "squishy kisses!" and then proceed to smash my cheeks together with both hands and plant a big sloppy kiss on my squished lips. He's just irresistible sometimes.

Facts about Drew (as requested from his Auntie Sara):

Nicknames: Boo-boo, Drew-boo, monkey, rascal
Hair color: Blond
Eye color: Brown
Fav movie/TV show: Little Einsteins, Clifford, Curious George
Fav book: Pretty much whatever we are currently reading with lots of pictures. He really loves all the Priddy Baby books any library book about snakes, dinosaurs or bugs (big surprise there).
Fav place to go: splash park (or any park for that matter)
Fav restaurant: McDonald's for the apple dippers and play structure
Fav food: pancakes (Daddy's specialty)
Fav candy: gummies
Fav color: orange (the first one he could identify, so I guess it's his favorite)
Fav song: You are my sunshine
Fav game: torturing bugs


P.S. In order to combat this incredible California heat, we decided to get a fancy new pool:


(These poor kids have VERY cheap parents!)

11 comments:

Flora said...

Great pool! (Smart parents!) Fun bugs! Does life get any better? Thank you so much for posting today so we could see our sweet little California boys. We love you dearly. Please be safe.

Cristy said...

That pool would be great after...
"You might be a Red-Neck if [this] is your pool!" - followed by that picture!!
TOO CUTE!!!

Kelsey Marie said...

Omg-I absolutly adore little Drew!!! He is the sweetest ever and it makes me so happy when he starts to giggle and laugh when I see him at church! I'm going to miss your boys so much when I move! :( Sad. But I love the cheap pool! That is awesome-I only got a hose when I was little! But anything can be fun when you are a kid! Imagination rocks!!! :) Oh, and I love the first pic of Drew!

MA said...

Oh, I love roly-poly's...Amy and I loved collecting those at my Grandpa's backyard in California...so fun!

Cheap is good - that pool is clever and creative!!

MA said...

P.S. I love that your mom closes with 'Please be safe' - too cute!

Eden Lang said...

Beth, your little man is soooo sweet. I adore the fact that he adores bugs!
however I must admit I am not sure how adorable I would have found it if deacon were so into them. I'm not quiet as brave as you.

have fun digging!

Sara and Dustin said...

It is so fun to read your descriptions of Drew. It makes me feel like i"m there with him. I can just picture him searching for, examining and torturing all the bugs. Also, the "seek-wet" and "squishy kisses" are hilarious! I bet he loves having one on one time with you. Give your boys hugs and kisses for us!

BarbaraJo said...

LOVE the pool. I wish I knew your kids better. We need to get together.

April said...

I didn't know you had a blog--I guess I should have though. At least I can keep tabs on you when you move now! Drew is such a sweetheart. I think those bugs are universal favorites. Thanks for the tip about the pool. I think your contractor will work well for us too. Perfect size for Maryn--maybe it will keep her out of our water fountain.

Our Biggs Family said...

Beth,
We found your blog from Kelsey's. How fun that Walker is enjoying school. I can't believe he is starting school too. They are all getting so big. How does he like his new school? How are you feeling? When are you due again! So fun to see your family updates!

BarbaraJo said...

I tagged you on my blog. Check it out. Love you!