If you want to join my new club, just be hot and drive a minivan. That's it.
Here's my sexy new ride:
I headed to the Honda dealership to test-drive a minivan and drove away with a fancy new-ish Odessey after MANY hours of intense negotiations. It was kind of a nightmare - picture prego me looking up at Stan the manager and Anthony the sales guy trying to play hard ball when I'm terrible with money and numbers. After purchasing our last two vehicles, not to mention our first house on my own (okay, with lots of research and cell phone help from Stu), I'm leaving all future negotiations and major purchases up to my hubbie. It was s-t-r-e-s-s-f-u-l and I know he would have negotiated a better deal. I think those sales people just wear you down for hours at a time until you are so exhausted you agree to their terms.
*A special thank you to Katie who watched Drew for many hours and to Celeste who took Walker after school yesterday so I could make a hot deal. I don't think I could have handled the dealership stress if I had my kids with me! *
Hooray for TONS of space, leather seats and a DVD player! I could totally camp out in this huge vehicle. We are officially ready for the new baby (okay, not exactly...but I'm one giant step closer to feeling ready).
Now I'm on a major campaign to change the minivan driver image. Come join my Hot Momma Minivan Driver Club!

14 comments:
Ahhh!! Your first minivan!! Congratulations. It's fun to see your boys hanging out the windows but I want to see YOU in the driver's seat!
It's kind of sad that I'm REALLY jealous of your Odessey. Those are the best minivans. Maybe someday I'll join your "hot momma minivan driver club" and if I do, I sincerely hope it's an Odessey.
I keep thinking about your little girl and how excited I am to meet her and have her be part of our family. Thanks for going through yet another pregnancy so my girls can have another cousin.
You are so lucky, because you are such a hot momma! Why don't you join my club: tired-and-cranky mommas driving minivans. It is closely linked to this other club: screaming-kids-driving-mommas-crazy-in-minivans. That's my fave club.
My van is 5 years old and paid for. Financially, that's nice, but now I want something new...and bigger...
I joined that club a while ago...glad your a member now though! i love the van, leather is soooo much better than cloth, it stays looking new forever. and the dvd, so handy. i want to see some pictures of you and your tummy.
oops, i forgot i'm logged in under a different account. this and the last comment are from me...stacie
We're going to be joining the "minivan clan" as I like to call it pretty soon ourselves. Ryan wants a pink one. Don't ask me why.
Beth, you could be the president of the "Hot Momma Minivan Driver Club!" I am so happy for you that you were able to negotiate for the vehicle. What a grown up you are!!! Seriously, can we see a photo of preggo Beth in front of the wonderful mini-van!!!
WE WANT A MINIVAN SO BAD!!! We actually wanted one after having just one child...
You can be the pres and I will be your vice pres!!
I am definitely part of the club!
P.S. I am back in town and Paul leaves tomorrow! Ah! Anyway, I will let you know if I need to stay at your B&B! I have a friend coming tomorrow until Tuesday morning but Aaron is going through MAJOR COUSIN WITHDRAWLS so we MAY head down to Hotel Visalia!
Thanks SO MUCH! I will let you know!
Oh man! Congrats on the car!!! It looks just spiffy! Good luck with changing the minivan perception! If anyone can do it, it would be you! Haha. You should get a bumper sticker with your new club name on it or something!! Haha! :) Loves!
Well, since you didn't put any criteria or level of "hotness" for the minivan, then I suppose I can join. My van is hideous and old... but I drive it...and Im hot (ESPECIALLY when I'm in it, since it doesn't have AC), so....I'm in. ;) Congratulations on an Odessey. I hope to have one someday :)
CONGRATS on your FAB new van! I always knew you wanted one just like me! Next time we'll drive yours to Canada!
Well I think I would look a little hotter in your minivan than I do in our 2000 Chrysler Town and Country! I would never be able to buy a car for our family. Well I guess I would if I had to, but I'm no good with that kind of stuff, so way to go!
Looks great...not sure I am quite ready to join that club, ok maybe just the hot part. Hope you enjoy!
I love your first minivan! I know that'll be me sometime in the future. Great color too - and I commend you for your haggling skills. I hate the bargaining part too, and usually try to leave it up to Adam!
Post a Comment