Thursday, September 25, 2008

So many cookies, so few teeth

All I want for my birthday is my two front teeth.

(Fuzzy evidence of a very busy tooth fairy.)

Walker's sixth birthday has been pretty exciting...for a kindergartner, anyway.

1. Woke up early and then got back into bed for his traditional breakfast in bed...soft food chopped into small chunks to accommodate his missing front teeth.
2. Performed with his K class in the school assembly. (Basically this included dorky fish hats, poems recited as a class, and octopus/seal songs complete with hand movements. Thrilling.) Walker was adorable and he even remembered his line!
3. Honored in class with a song and birthday crown, and then handed out birthday cookies to his giddy classmates. He was so excited that it was almost more than he could bear.
4. Crazy playtime with his friends Chase and Maren after school - including dress-up, lego building, car racing, fort building, etc.
5. Thrilled that tonight Daddy is coming home early (hooray!) so we can have waffles, strawberries and sausage together for dinner.
6. Eagerly anticipating gift opening tonight...especially the enormous bunk beds in the back of the car from G'ma and G'pa Spackman.

I love birthdays!

...and the party isn't even until Saturday...


Oh, and Drew was busy "helping" mommy in the kitchen today:

(Should I be worried about the raw eggs in the cookie dough?)


Yet another addition...I just can't help myself.

Here is a photo of Walker's adorable kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Kirschenman, armed with her hand sanitizer. Right before Walker handed out cookies she said, "Okay, children, hold out your hands!" and then proceeded to sanitize each child. You can see some little ones still rubbing it in behind her. She cracks me up!

6 comments:

Flora said...

Walker is 6 - Can you believe it? Look at your little toothless wonder! It sounds like his day was spectacular! Happy, happy birthday to a beautiful boy! (And where are the photos of the preggo mama?)

Kelsey Marie said...

I cant believe Walker is 6 now!!! They are growing way to fast! They are not allowed to grow while Im gone!!! :( Im sad that I wasnt able to be there and get him a present this year. :( Give him a huge hug and a happy birthday for me! :) I love the pictures of Walker and Drew! So cute!!!

Janine said...

Hey, I'm going to totally copy you on the wrapping the cookies thing for the next school bday I do...oh, unless I send my usual box of "fun-sized" chocolate bars or timbits. That's right, that's why I don't individually wrap my treats...

Speaking of copying you, did Walker get his card from Olivia yet?

Sara and Dustin said...

Happy Birthay, Walker-bear! He looks so cute with his missing teeth. Also, Drew is still an adorable little rascal. I would love to see more pictures of those cute boys. They grow up so fast.

BarbaraJo said...

Happy Birthday Walker!

david-and-shellie said...

Wow, Walker and Drew are so cute! And looking much older, too. Seems like just yesterday I was with Walker in Primary... :)

Anyway, I love the pictures or your sweet boys. It was so great to see you on Saturday!

~Shellie