Wednesday, November 11, 2009

and The Best Auntie Award goes to...

It must have sounded enchanting to her co-workers: hopping on a jet to beautiful California to visit her sophisticated and fabulous sister (HA!). Unfortunately her "glamorous" vaycay was filled with rambunctious boys (who could not get enough of their Auntie Holly), baby spit, unpacking, organizing, assembling, reading stories, sneaking sweets, teaching Drew to skip and teaching Flora to walk (I'm not kidding!).

It wasn't full of adventure or glamor (except for that mani/pedi we managed to squeeze in!), but it was incredibly fun.

...for me, anyway.


Dear Holly,
Thanks for helping to unpack some stubborn boxes and for being a Super Auntie. Walker is literally counting down the days until he gets to see you again (35)!
Lv, Beth
P.S. You left your face wash here. I can’t wait to try it!

Side Note: If anyone happens to know a wonderful (and tall) man who lives in the Bay Area, please let me know. I'm dying to get Holly to move to California and perhaps the "cute boy" angle will work! Wish me luck.

9 comments:

BarbaraJo said...

...awww....we love holly!

Janine said...

I'm hurt and offended. I thought I was the best Auntie.

I will now read this blog no longer.


Ha ha...really I'm just jealous that my kids don't have an Aunt Holly.

Can't wait until you come. Tell Stu that I'm just putting the final touches on the excel itinerary.

Stu said...

Holly's the BEST!!

Sara and Dustin said...

Holly is the best. I wish I could measure up but I know I don't. Every one needs a sister like Holly. I'm so happy you guys had a good time.

Also, I'm sorry I haven't commented on your blog recently. I really do think your kids' halloween costumes are awesome. I also think the "sleepy kitty" story is still disgusting. I still love you and your blog - even if I can't manage to comment.

Flora said...

Holly is delightful. I'm glad you had such a fun, fun visit.

b.liz said...

Sorry to offend all you other aunties out there. Holly is simply untouchable (literally AND figuratively)...I could never be such a great auntie either!

Flora said...

Ha! Ha! Holly's dislike of anyone touching her is legendary! So she is "untouchable!" So funny! (But I still touch her - once in a while.) And we are praying a smart, wonderful, funny, spiritual giant among men (whom Holly will adore touching) will find her soon and whisk her off to the temple and they will live happily ever after with lots of beautiful babies!

Holly said...

You are all SO nice to me! I had a ton of fun in Cali. I can't wait to see everyone again at Christmas!

Flora said...

I could use some videos from the California Thompson clan! How about a fun Sunday activity of doing videos for Grandmama?