Walking to school yesterday there was a poor little cat on the road that was obviously not moving. It was hard to miss and impossible to avoid, so I tried to distract the kids "Oh, look! A worm!" It didn't work.
Walker said, "Oh, poor kitty." and I whispered "Shhhh", but Drew still noticed the fuzzy object right next to the curb (gross). "I think it got hit by a car...let's keep going." I said as I hurried them along.
Unfortunately we passed the same dead cat on our way back home and Drew was fascinated, once again. He stared at it - and you have to understand how much Drew LOVES kitties - and he said, "Mom, the kitty's not dead...he's just sleeping!" The whole way home he kept giggling about the "very sleepy kitty" taking a nap on the street. Why didn't I think of that?
1 comment:
Sleepy kitty! What a darling boy! (I heard that maybe the kitty wasn't smelling so sweet!) Kind of a disturbing situation - but thankfully, no psyche damage - we hope!
Post a Comment