Monday, May 31, 2010

My Loves: May

Stu:
- volunteering in the nursery on Mother's Day
- the smirk on your face when all the kids are jumping-up-and-down-excited to see daddy on Skype from Seattle. Yeah, their enthusiasm is pretty amusing when you're so far away!
- supporting me when I joined a crazy boot-camp gym and patiently listening to my daily achy-muscle complaints
- getting so excited about buying fresh white sneakers for your kids (and more basketball shorts...really?)

Little Bear:
- willing to help any way you can: strapping FK into her seat, fetching snacks, playing Boo-boo's silly made-up games, searching for missing stuffies...
- your nose stuck in a book at every possible free moment (in fact, I don't think you've played video games for two weeks now!)
- I call your name over and over but the characters and plot are just too engaging...you don't even hear me.
- running your little heart out at the school fundraiser and with a huge grin too
- getting lots of compliments on your shaggy "Justin Beiber" hair...too bad you don't even know who that is!
- your craziest dessert concoction yet: frosted mini-wheat cereal with milk - microwave until bubbly, then stir in some chocolate chips and top with whipped cream. Huh?
- "I have a riddle for you, Mom. My name is Bob, I love to play with kids and I'm in this house right now. Who am I?" Hmm...could that be your sweet Grandpa Taylor, visiting from Toronto?
- during your first grade musical performance you giggled and chatted with a darling little blond girl the entire time. (uh oh.)

Boo-boo:
- colored mardi gras beads = superpowers. You love to wear multiple strands of the shiny bead necklaces everywhere we go, and I mean everywhere. It may look "fancy" but each color represents a different superpower!
- your non-stop chatter only ends when you finally fall asleep: "...my brain works different than everyone else...I have these little things spinning around in there and I can send you dreams into your head...do you want me to send you a dream about UmiZoomi?...I have a superpower (bead necklace) that makes me zap anything out of my hand that I want-ZAP-I just zapped some ice cream for you-ZAP-I just shot a fire bomb at a monster...Punch Punkmin and Chairman Meow want some yogurt..."
- when your Grandma Taylor asked about your favorite part of our day trip to SF (packed with an incredible science museum, lunch & site-seeing) you replied, "My favorite part was picking you up, Nana!"
- that rascal smile gets me every time...especially when you're pushing my limits like only my little Boo can do. (grrrr.)

Cupcake:
- scratching and squawking at your big brother when you don't get your way
- first hair cut...mommy's so excited and you couldn't care less!
- when your Grandma Taylor came to visit you were sooooo confused because your beloved stuffed kitty shares her name: Nana
- sporting a new outfit and bow and you run up to the mirror and say "Pree-yee" (pretty)
- climbing up the steps and going down the slide all by yourself at the park. yay!
- "Stop Drew!", "Clean up", "snacks", "I love you!", "thank you", "pleeeeeese", "SHOW, Daddy!"

5 comments:

Holly said...

These posts make me miss you guys so much! I wish you lived closer. I can't wait to see you in just 1 short month!!

Flora said...

Love your "My Loves" posts. Stuart is a gem. I can totally relate to Walker being so absorbed in a book that he doesn't hear anything. Drew's imagination is seriously amazing. And Flora is a riot! Love you and your family and miss you like crazy!

Kathy said...

BEAUTIFUL family, Bethy! So fun to read your "My Loves"

Flora said...

OK - time for more photos, please!

Anonymous said...

So I have made your artichoke dish three times now and my family LOVES it. Thank you! You and your family are so cute. Hope to see you this summer!!