Monday, January 31, 2011

My Loves: January 2011

Stu:
- getting excited about what you're learning in class...even when it's extremely dry legal-jargon (I'd be snoozing!)
- laughing and singing along to the Gaston scenes in Beauty and the Beast
-
snuggling on the couch with a baby under each arm while watching above movie and just loving the time to smooch and cuddle them

Bear:
- so busy during the week that you hardly have time to play video games or watch TV...I'm delighted and you're bummed! Don't worry, hun...there's always Saturday.
- your newest obsession: Harry Potter books. Your library card is getting lots of use and your ability to listen to mommy is dwindling whenever Harry Potter is in the room!

Boo:
- excitedly cleaning up after breakfast every day (okay, 2 days in a row) and even learning to wipe off the table...my little helper!
- turning five and having a blast at your movie/trampoline party with all your buddies
- "Oh, COME ON!" is your newest favorite phrase used in almost any context: exasperation, excitement, frustration, etc.

Cupcake:
- bopping your head, spinning and grooving non-stop during a live music performance for preschoolers
- going through an extreme attached-t0-mommy phase means lots of hugs and kisses and love for mommy, but it also means you start freaking out if I walk into the other room...in our own house!
- showing off your letter skills to anyone who will listen: "B says 'buh' and D says 'duh'...yay!"

4 comments:

Flora said...

Oh, those little Thompson children are so darn cute! How fun that Walker is old enough for Harry Potter! And Drew is so big! What a little helper boy! Flora is so smart to know her letters all ready! You will have to remind her of her undying love for you when she is about 15. The only thing that would make this post even better is photos!

Sara and Dustin said...

Ha! I wish I could see FK be-bopping around to the music. What a cutie! I should get my kids to clean up after meals - what a great idea! I wish I could see your kids more often!!

Kathy said...

Your family is just the dearest, Beth! Such wonderful little kids - they are all so sweet! Hope you are feeling GREAT! much love - K

Holly said...

If it is any consolation, my ability to listen to my mommy went right out the door when I began reading the Harry Potter books too... those books are attention getters!

PS. Please post a picture of your belly. If we can’t live in the same country I at least need photographic evidence that you still exist. I miss you.