Monday, February 28, 2011

My Loves: February 2011

My valentine:
- sweeping me off my feet and taking me away for the weekend...pulling off a huge surprise (flying my mom into town) and making me absolutely fall for you all over again
- remembering our city life pre-kids was just blissful

Bear:
- feverish, coughing, sniffling and generally lethargic...but not complaining.
- completely content to just lie on the couch with a box of tissues and read (almost finished the Harry Potter series) for days on end while you're sick...then you started pestering your siblings and it was clear that the virus was leaving!


Sick little bear...notice the ghetto-fabulous snuggie? thx, hubbie!

- watching you giggle again and your appetite return...whew!
- sleepy saturday-morning snuggles in bed...your hand on my tummy feeling the baby move: "I just can't wait to see our new baby!!!"

Boo:
- whispers: "I really, REALLY hope W is super sick so we don't have to go to church tomorrow!"
- all dressed for church, backing out of the driveway and big brother gets a gushing bloody nose. Grandmama stops the car and gets everyone out to clean up the pools of blood. "I knew it! I KNEW IT! Now we don't have to go to church!!!"
- minutes later, standing in the garage, big brother's nose is still bleeding and you exclaim with worry: "We need to pray for W.'s nose..."


baking banana bread with your beloved G'mama

- "Oh no...mommy is getting sick too??? Now I have to take care of big brother AND mommy!"
- cheerfully singing along to the random nonsense in your head as you play lego and search for bugs
- always finishing a job that you start...whether it's putting away all the blocks, emptying the dishwasher or sweeping the trampoline. You're a good little worker.
- smashing rocks on the front porch, "mom, i found you a pomegranate one!" (he meant granite)

Cupcake:
- Me: "Good morning! How are you feeling?"
FK (with a runny nose): " pwetty gwoss"
- my sweet little shadow is so emotionally attached that I was very worried about you during our weekend away. Thankfully you had a saintly Grandmama to watch over you. Often through sniffles you would say, "Mommy always comes comes back, wight??"
- giving hugs and kisses "G'bye Gwandmama." *tickled by her hair*
"Yo haiw is cwaaazy!"



5 comments:

BarbaraJo said...

Your kids are so cute. Looks like the sickness is spreading, worldwide.

Kristy Tanner said...

Hi Beth,
I love that picture of Flora from behind, so cute!!
I am so glad you had a fun weekend away!! It is always needed! Funny to think you ACTUALLY have other things to talk about than your kids!! So fun.

We all got sick too, so nasty and gwoss!!

Flora said...

Great post, Beth! SO happy that Walker is feeling better. I hope you are, too. After all, Drew has SO MUCH WORK to do taking care of everyone! It was so, so fun to surprise you and play with your darling children!

Kathy said...

Such a cute post. I wish you had weekly "Loves" posts, and not just monthly ones! I LOVE hearing about your darling family!
Kathy

Stacey said...

That was so sweet of Stu! And I'm glad Flora survived the weekend without you.