|
Broiled Steak Sandwiches with Balsamic Vegetables
Montreal steak seasoning
Heat broiler.
Season the steak with Montreal steak seasoning. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place the steak on one half of the baking sheet.
Toss the tomatoes and onion in a medium bowl with the oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the onion and tomatoes, cut-side down, on the other half of the baking sheet.
Broil the steak and vegetables, turning everything once, until the steak reaches the desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove the steak and return the vegetables to oven until browned, about 2-5 minutes more.
Slice the steak very thin. Place the bottom halves of the bread cut-side up under the broiler and toast slightly. Top each sandwich half with the steak, onions, tomatoes, and cheese. Sandwich with the remaining bread. Serve warm.
Substitution: If blue cheese is too strong for your taste, try topping this sandwich with a creamy goat cheese. Or play off the tartness of the balsamic vinegar with slivers of salty Parmesan or Manchego.
Yield: Makes 4 servings


7 comments:
keep these coming! that is definitely something we miss about the Thompson's.....eating over there every week, of course that's not the only thing! But you are pretty crafty in the kitchen, so these kinds of posts are great.
Seriously, I would never think to make this but it looks really good! I may have to try it for Mom and Dad when I get home - steak is a little expensive here.
That is so hilarious about Walker's pirate being from Alabama and looking for a way home in Mosiah. He is seriously so funny.
Yes, Anna actually took a chomp out of that candle but didn't eat it. This was actually over at my friend's house while she was babysitting one day and she loves to take pictures of Anna. I don't complain about that! And yes, it is the very, very delicious Coke you've heard about!!
That sandwich looks very tasty. Lately I've been making a few Indian recipes...maybe I'll post one.
Walker is cute.
You asked about my eating plan...nothing specific about what food I eat, just watching portion sizes and how many of each kinds of food I eat. Most days I have 3 servings of fruit, 3 veggies, 2 protein, 2 carbs, and 1 dairy. If I'm good all day,I have one of those 100 calorie chocolate bars each night. And, if I'm good for 4 days in a row, then I get a reward (bubble bath, watching a movie, reading my book while Olivia watches a movie...).
Yum! I think having Sara make this for us when she gets back to Canada is a marvelous idea!
Thanks Beth - I love when people post great recipes. This looks delicious and I like that it is simple as well.
I should have named my blog: Lippiestfamilyontheblog!
You should open your own restaurant. You have so many amazing ideas.
Post a Comment