
Who doesn't love to watch beautiful and mesmerizing jellyfish? Somehow we even convinced my sister, Holly, that it would be a good idea to drive hours and hours to reach a huge Aquarium where the only item on the itinerary is checking out cool fish. Despite a few doubts, we ended up having a terrific time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. The highlights were: a rare glimpse at the enormous octopus slithering around his dark enclosure, the sharks (of course), the "ball of fish" schooling in the kelp forest, and the frolicking sea otters. Little Bear and Boo-boo had a fabulous time with their Grandpa and Grandma Spackman, Uncle Grant and Aunt Holly.
Little Bear loves this photo;he's about to get his head chomped by an attacking hammerhead!
My favorite part of the whole trip was the incredible coconut-crusted sole with scallops and mango chutney I enjoyed at a seafood restaurant on cannery row while watching the wild sea otters playing in the surf.I prefer fish on my plate...yum.

5 comments:
Yeah! I was waiting for you to update your blog! My favorite is the smiling picture of Drewbee. It looks like you guys had a good time but I'm not too disappointed I missed out on the driving for hours to check out fish tanks.
Looks like you had a great time. The pic of Drew is just adorable. I'm absolutly in LOVE with your boys!!!!
I wish you would have taken a picture of your coconut crusted sole!!! Let's hang out this week!
Hi, now you can link to me. Also, I love that your meal was a highlight of your trip
Looks like so much fun! Your boys are so cute! Did your family just come out to visit for fun? Love your updates. You and Sara live in the coolest places.
Post a Comment