[Side note: You read that right...we go to sleep before nine every night. No, we are not 30-going-on-90, but we really like our sleep. Stu gets up at 4:20am every morning to do his calisthenics (heehee) and to get to the train on time, plus I need at least 10 hours of pregnancy...I mean, beauty sleep every night. John and Kate tease us endlessly about our relative lame-ness these days because we never play Settlers or Ticket to Ride late into the night with them anymore. Yup, we're pretty lame.]
Anyway...I got home from mutual and wiggled into bed quietly next to Stu and as I was kissing the back of his neck whispering good night he muttered, "I got into Berkeley today". WHAT?!?! I immediately pounced on his slumbering body and pounded him with questions and kisses. We've been praying and hoping for this acceptance and then he just mutters a barely comprehensible sentence into his pillow! I guess I'm the over-the-top enthusiastic one in the family.
So, congratulations to my wonderful Stu on getting accepted into the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley for the Evening & Weekend MBA Program. You've worked (and prayed) so hard for this and you deserve it. I'm so proud of you!
This is the most recent photo I could find of my sweet hubbie
reading a story to W & D during family night.
reading a story to W & D during family night.

13 comments:
Hurray Thompsons!!! That is so exciting. Good job. I guess that early to bed and early to rise thing is true?! :).
CONGRATULATIONS!! That is very exciting for you guys. Stu is so cute with those boys...and seriously, who goes to bed that early? I would never do a thing like that...
YAY!!! Hurray for Stuart! We are so happy for you and your little family!!!
And what is weird about going to bed at 9:00 p.m? I think that is totally normal. (Hmmm...therein lies the problem...)
That is just fantastic news! Good for you guys! Hey, what calling do you have in YW? I was Laurel Advisor until a couple weeks ago. I really liked it.
Miss you,
Sarah
Hey Beth! Cute Blog! Your family picture looks like it could be a GAP ad!!! Way cute family!
Also Congrats to your husband!
And one other thing! The two games you mentioned are my favorite two games!!!! Have you played Ticket to Ride: Europe? Good stuff. We'll have to play sometime!!
Thanks for making me feel welcome in the ward!
Congradulations!! This is great! What a great time for you. Berkeley and Baby! I wish you the best!
We still love you guys even though you go to be ealier than most 80 year olds. CONGRATS to Stu and your family!
Dude that's where my old man went to school congrats and get ready for crazy lefty liberals!!!
Congratulations guys!! That is a fabulous school - what an accomplishment.
xo
Hello Thompson's! I am happy you left a comment and that you blog as well so we can see what you're up to. CONGRATULATIONS! I am happy for you and your news of a new baby!
WOW!!! Congrats to Brother Thompson! That is so awesome! I'm sure he will do excellent there. (oh, and dont worry about the 'early bed thing-Im not much of a night owl either and you get all you can when you have to get up early to a long day of work ahead!!!)
Congratulations! That is so exciting! I am sure Scott will want to give Stu a call!
Post a Comment