My sweet little dimpled 2-yr-old, Drew, has turned out to be a serious rascal. He has developed the skill of finding the naughtiest ways to perplex his parents...and sometimes make us laugh after the incident is cleaned up or fixed. It is so hard to get angry at his darling little dimpled grin. His naughty escapades are too numerous to name, but here are a few recent developments.
We have been staying at my parents' house in Calgary for a few weeks and it is more difficult than usual to keep him in check with all kinds of fun things to destroy. Drew opened a cupboard under my dad's fancy saltwater fish tank and dumped a ton of chemicals into the pump intake tank (whatever that is) and nearly ruined the pump. His lucky mommy got to dig these nitrogen absorbing rocks out of the nasty fish poop for about half an hour. Thankfully there was no permantent damage! A few days later he was able to get the "childproof" top off of the hot tub chemicals and he dumped them all over the room and did a stomping dance in the white powder. Stu was really choked about that one!
Drew also showed his love for water by plugging my brother's bathtub, filling it with hot water and dumping anything he could inside. He was about to throw Grant's guitar book into the mix but I sprinted up the stairs and grabbed the book mid-flight. Of course he ran away with a little giggle and his evil grin. (For a split second I felt bad for Grant, and then I rememberd all the times he destroyed my room as a toddler and I didn't feel so bad. Payback time!)
But...the absolute funniest incident happened the other day when he wasn't even trying to be naughty. We were packing up the car to drive down to Montana and we had both car seats on the driveway. Drew was having a great time playing with the ants and collecting sticks so I wasn't really supervising him too closely. When it came time for Walker to get in the car he said, "Where are my comfy arm rests?". The culprit was obviously Drew, so I showed him that we were missing the foam and fabric covers and asked him where he put them. He cheerfully led me over to my Dad's truck and pointed to the oversized exhaust pipe. Of course they were the perfect size to stuff into the tail pipe and I can only imagine the consequences if we hadn't discovered them there.
He's only 2 and a half and already getting into tons of mischief.
...I'm in big trouble raising this child!
10 comments:
Ha! Sounds like a ton of fun adventures for you guys on your trip! Man, I am totally in love with your little Drew---he is just the cuttest little kid I have ever seen--and that Walker, my little man! My two favorite boys ever!!! Good thing you found those foam arm rests!!! :]
Holy Cow, Beth! Drew really keeps you on your toes. I haven't had one like that, but I'm wondering since Parker is such a good baby for me now, will he turn into a mischevious littl devil later on?
We miss you guys so much! Thanks for sharing some of Drew's escapades with us. But where are the photos?
I can't help laughing at all the incidences and how you describe Drew's little evil (adorable) grin. I think it's hilarious remembering how he runs away laughing. But I fully recognize it's only funny because I'm not the parent dealing with his distructive path. WHEN Anna gets like that I'm sure I won't be laughing so much.
Oh that is a lot of mischief! I don't know how you keep up with him!
How are you feeling?
If your Fiona the fetus turns out anything like my girls, she won't create any incidents even remotely close to these. You deserve a girl! I think boys are so dang cute - but I am so afraid of their curiosity and energy. All my girls' energy goes into dancing. I'll be calling you lots if I ever get a boy.
You are a trooper. I hear little boys are into EVERYTHING! I am preparing myself. I want to see pics of your belly.
I am exhausted just by reading that! who would have thought our sweet little Drew would be such a normal little boy? I would have LOVED to have seen your face cleaning up the fish tank!
okay, you're home now and im really excited about it! I cant wait to see you!! :) Lots to catch up on. And I think they would totally love to have a huge prego girl at pilates!!! :) its super fun!!!!
I loved this post - and forwarded it to Amy. So funny! Thanks for your sweet comments, you are too kind.
I have been to Sugary City Journal's blog - and was quite excited to see it on your blog roll. I figured you knew her personally - how cool. They just opened up an online store as well,...such cute stuff. They are very talented ladies!! Thanks for the link though, I always love to find new inspiration!
Post a Comment