Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Snow in JUNE?!

We woke up this morning at the lake in Montana to great big flakes of snow filling the air and gently falling on the green grass, the purple flowers...AND my dad's new (and not even broken-in) boat. Although beautiful to watch, we were shocked to be in a snowstorm in the middle of June! I was expecting waterski weather, not snowski weather. Fortunately my kids adore being outside and don't mind the cold...actually they loved eating the fresh fallen white stuff (and they loved the hot chocolate after their romp in the snow). I think we will be soaking in the hot tub tonight.
To me it feels like November. (Wait, that would be great if I could skip to November since my baby would be in my arms instead of the reality of 5 more months of pregnancy.)

Dustin and my cousins trying to cover the boat in the snow. Can you believe this?


Walker and Drew looked a little stunned watching the cold, cold lake and the cold, cold snow in their pj's.

P.S. I wrote this about 2 weeks ago, and we are now enjoying gorgeous weather in Calgary...the weather changes rapidly up here!




4 comments:

Soelbergs said...

So, I'm assuming you survived the road trip! It's so beautiful there! I CAN'T believe there is SNOW! We are roasting in an oven here. Hope you can still have fun with the fam and that not all your plans will be ruined.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!! Rock and I were soooo mad we couldn't come out this summer but I guess the cold weather is making us feel better. It is 109 degrees today. That is wonderful about your girl!!!

Audrey and the Boys said...

Congrats on the girl news! That is just perfect! Have fun a the lake! I'm glad the weather is bit better now!

Rob Matheny said...

Hey Cuz, your boys are little gwapos. That's crazy you got some snow in mid-summer. Kinda crazy here in rexburg as well, We had our last snow storm in May. Tell the fam I say 'hi'.