In two days I am planning to take my pregnant self, along with my two adorably rambunctious boys, on a very long drive to visit family in Canada. I must be insane! We will log a total of 3000 miles round-trip. Thank heavens my hubbie will be joining us on the drive home in a few weeks, but I'm gearing up for a crazy adventure.
As my sweet mother pointed out, at least I'm not crossing the plains on foot while giving birth in the back of a covered wagon like many of my pioneer ancestors. Thanks for the perspective, mom! We will be traveling in relative luxury with air conditioning, a GPS, a DVD player, comfy seats and lots and lots of snacks.
I'd love to hear your great ideas for keeping children happy in the car...please share!
8 comments:
Drugs. That's what I do. And movies and snacks, and books on CD for me. Oh - the drugs are for the kids. On the way home from your place that Christmas, both power cords for the DVD players broke (my fault - long story). I stopped at the first Radio Shack I could find, went into the store with both players, and said:
"I have 10 more hours to drive today and these don't work: HELP ME!!!" They did.
I can't wait to see you.
oh my, good luck Beth. Our longest drive was to AZ. We woke up really early and left at like 4AM so the kids would sleep for a while and then movies, snacks, and a few stops to let them run around and get tired. Or, I guess you could drive into the wee hours, but if i know you, that won't work ;). can't wait to hear about all your fun! we'll have to get together when you get back.
It was fun to see you guys! Good luck on your long trek! Just remember "this too shall pass."
hmmmm... We've never driven with our children that far before. All I can say is GOOD LUCK (and maybe drugs are the answer - as terrible as that sounds to me) Are you going to Montana too? I'm so jealous. I wish I could be there to see you guys and Sara. Good Luck, again.
Suckers!! The only time I ever let my little one have one was in the car!! When he started to fuss - I stuck a sucker in his mouth! It worked wonders!! I made sure to have a bag of wipes handy because it could get messy...but he stopped screaming!!
Good luck! And see you in month!
I'm so excited for you guys to get here!! I'm sorry you have to go through that drive first. I have no suggestions for you - I'm worried about the drive to Montana from Calgary with my girls. I'll see you this weekend!!
We're so excited to see you! Drive carefully!
You are a trooper. I fill the passenger seat with juice and treats and anytime someone sqawks, I throw back a treat. This way I can keep focused on the road everyone gets what they want.
HAPPY TRAILS!
Post a Comment