Monday, November 3, 2008

Sir Walker the Brave and a Darling Dragon



Sir Walker the Brave was quite proud of his cardboard and tin foil sword fashioned by Daddy. Dragon Drew was terrified of Sir Walker in his fighting stance. Too bad Daddy couldn't figure out how to make a fire breathing machine for Drew so he wasn't so defenseless!


Here's my cute little guy waiting for Walker's school costume parade...and Walker flanked by a power ranger and a lady bug. (Unfortunately Walker was not allowed to carry his prized sword, but he still looked brave and knightly anyway.) What you can't see in this photo is their mom dressed up as a baker with a bun in the oven. I wore an apron, a chef's hat, a smattering of flour, and a huge (freshly baked) prego belly.


My darling little dragon and brave knight ventured into the dark in search of candy on Friday night with a massive waddling (and very exhausted) mommy trailing behind them. Drew couldn't believe that so many people we dropping candy into his bucket. In fact he waited around at every house - after all the other kids had moved on - with his bucket held high waiting for more hand-outs. Usually the homeowner would see him eying the loot and feel obligated to give my greedy dragon more candy! We ended up with loads and loads of sweets left over since we missed most of the trick-or-treat-ers at our house.

Hmmmm...I'm sure I'll find something to do with all this chocolate...

7 comments:

Flora said...

Oh my goodness! Sir Walker the Brave and Darling Dragon Drew are amazing! Seriously - no photos of the bun in the oven? How hilarious!!! These boys are the cutest things!!!

Sara and Dustin said...

They really are the cutest things. My favorite is Drew's little grin at Walker's school. You are such a good mom to go out trick or treating when you're 9 months pregnant. Go Beth!

BarbaraJo said...

Cute, cute costumes.

Janine said...

Those are great costumes - I love the knight. How was the candy haul? I also love the baker with the bun in the oven idea - smart thinking

Kelsey Marie said...

Awww, I love the pictures! Your boys are just so cute! But you should have put up a pic of you!!! :)

MA said...

Fabulous costumes...I love the joint themed ones. Although I was disappointed not to see Stu dressed as a damsel in distress!

david-and-shellie said...

So cute!!! I miss seeing your fam. The photographer who took our family pics is Christina Brooksby--her parents are in our ward, and she's in the singles ward. It's so fun to see and hear about you and your sweet boys!