Friday, October 24, 2008

Obituary for Naptime

It has been a difficult week for mommy since Naptime has officially passed away. It was lovely to know such a peaceful, happy character and we are sadly mourning it's loss. Drew is a big boy in his bunk bed and he carelessly did away with Naptime by his own free will over the last three days. Naptime is survived by Mommy, Daddy, Walker, and a cranky two-year-old.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After one of Drew's attempted naps, I walked into his room to find the newly organized bookshelf looking like this:


Which meant he had to serve some time on "the step". Unfortunately he was overtired and cranky so he threw a tantrum and scraped his forehead along the carpet in protest, resulting in this:


[The crazy part is that Walker did the exact same thing - also during a time-out tantrum - when we first moved into this house about two years ago. Walker's injury was even more extensive and his poor little nose was also involved. Self-inflicted rug burns on the face...seriously?!?!]

8 comments:

ang said...

Oh Beth...we finally gave up on the nap too. Now we have "quiet time", which D is not too excited about either. The funny thing is though the last few days he has just fallen asleep on his own during quiet time. I feel lucky that our nap time lasted until D was three...

Also, I gave myself some hearty rug burns on the forehead when I was little too, but not out of rebellion. I just didn't realize what was going to happen until it was too late...weird.

RIP naptime!

Flora said...

This is sad, sad, sad. I hope "quiet time" doesn't turn into "mess up time" on a regular basis. YOU need quiet time - especially with beautiful baby girl on the way! I wish I could help.

BarbaraJo said...

Poor little Drew. I am so sorry about the naps. We still all nap and I don't know what I'd do without it. Looks like you had fun at the pumpkin patch and apple orchard. I wish we could have play dates together.

rockstar said...

It is very sad indeed when nap time no longer exists. It took me awhile to adjust. Now we just have "Quiet time" in the afternoon...although it doesn't always turn out that way! Sad about the rug burns, but his sad little face is just too adorable!

Lisa Thompson said...

Oh Beth, we are laughing at the blog post, but mourning with you.

Sara and Dustin said...

NNooooooo!!! Drew!! Don't do it! That sounds so sad to me. I finally got the girls back to sleeping at the same time. It's so heavenly. It was SO hard having one of them awake all the time while the other one slept. I felt like I was housebound without any down time.

I seriously hope the little rascal does well with quiet time. Good thing we love that little boy so much.

MA said...

The sel-inflicted rug burns cracked me up...you do have your hands full! Oh the nap time - I can't even think about losing that! I hope you are well, Beth! I love checking in on your blog...so fun to see snippets of your life.

Camber Casper said...

Wow, you have just summed up my day! The time out tantrums are a big hit (literally) right now in our house. Andie just throws herself straight back and hits the wall a lot. Poor kid.