He was just going to open the cupboard beneath Grandpa's fish tank to take a look.
Mommy's nursing in the other room and she won't even know...I'll just peek, he thinks. There on the right is the big plastic container of white gravel that was so fun to dump into the tank last summer. He remembers Grandpa telling him it is a dangerous chemical and so he doesn't touch it.
Oooo, the water flowing into the pump tank looks so fun...I'll just feel it, he thinks. A little splash of fish water on his fingers is not enough to satisfy his curiosity so he grabs the powerful tube and pulls it like a fire hose spraying water all over the room.
Uh oh, now I'm in trouble. Sara, with her hands full of baby, spots a river of water on the hardwood floor and yells, "Oh no! Someone come quick!!!" There is about 10 gallons of water flowing fast from the pump onto the floor and dripping down into the basement.
And there's Drew...soaked and guilty.
Later, after the initial flurry of adults sopping, wringing, cleaning, fanning and refilling, Drew is found carefully examining the rubber band Grandpa has placed around the knobs of the fish tank cupboard.
He turns to Auntie Holly, "This is a good idea."
Holly says, "Why is it a good idea...so we can keep babies out of the cupboard?"
"No, to keep
ME out."
5 comments:
That is too cute. Now everyone will have that sweet (probably not at the moment) memory of Drew. Have fun at the wedding. Congratulate Mary Anne for my.
OH MY GOSH!! That is seriously so brutal and your description was hilarious!! The thought process step-by-step was so funny and you were probably pretty much bang on. Poor Drew - it sounds like he felt awful! Hope there wasn't any permanent damage!!!
Oh!!! I miss little Drew so much! Always up to no good, but just about the most adorable little thing I have ever seen! Give him a big hug for me and tell him and Walker I said hello :)
OH NO! I'm sure he wont be going near that fish tank any time soon! lol!
Oh DEAR!!
Post a Comment