Friday, April 24, 2009

Nana and G'pa's visit

We had a great time with Kathleen and Bob for Easter again...but I didn't take nearly enough photos! Easter Sunday was full of chocolate, Easter tomb cookies, beautiful music, thinking about Christ...oh, and eating Kathleen's ridiculously delicious cooking. I think I'm still full from that meal!

Here are the little cousins on Easter Sunday looking not-too-thrilled about getting their photo taken. My boys are truly going to miss their cousins, Esther and Lucy, when they move to Utah next week. (Side note: Yesterday I reminded Drew that they are moving and he said, "Where's Utah? Is it up in the sky?" No, hunny...they're not dying!)


A few days before Easter we took a long wind-y (that's nausea-inducing-curvy) drive to the Muir woods forest to check out the enormous red wood trees. The kids had a ball running through the forest and climbing into big hollowed-out trees. We then headed to windy (that's gusty, waves-crashing windy) San Francisco for a lovely lunch. Thanks for coming to see us Kathleen and Bob; please continue the tradition and come to Cali every Easter!


_________________________________________

I just have to show off Flora Kate's "cool trick"...okay, truthfully I can't stand it when Stu does this balancing act. The baby teeters in a standing-position on his out-stretched hand and I freak out every time. I just love Cupcake's little tongue and concentrating face in this pic. Too cute.

(Stu made me remove the unflattering photo of him. I think your concentrating face is adorable too, Angelbabe!)

5 comments:

Collette said...

SOO CUTE! Your kids are getting so big!!

I love Flora's baby legs in the standing on the hand pic! How do you like those? I've been debating about getting some!

Kathy said...

Hi Bethy - First Collette's comment about getting legs like FK - I HAVE THEM - a generous amount of Coca-cola and brownies will achieve the desire affect! Next - I am addressing as a Calgary Health Region employee (actually we are now Alberta Health Services); the thumb sucking does not cause the number of orthodontic problems as once believed. The evidence shows it is mostly genetic! Hmmm either of you had braces?? Also, it is such a wonderful self-soothing tool, as you pointed out! I have found from my own kids,that the first sleep over with peers ended their thumb or finger sucking days!! The blanket was stuffed under the pillow for such occasions (and sometimes we even had kids bring their's from home, but who cares, its just a blanket, and it makes everyone's life so much happier!)
Looking forward to seeing you when you are in Calgary. Lots of love, Kathy

Janine said...

I'm so sad that you are losing J&K. I always love to see the pics of the things you do together. I can't wait to see you. Plus the kids are all so cute.

Brooke Engstrom said...

yes this freaked me out when I saw him do it! It was pretty cool though.

Stu said...

I was rockin' a nasty turkey neck on that balancing baby picture...thank you for your discretion B!