Apparently we are a worthy service project (hooray!) so my mom and dad unleashed the big dogs and we are ridiculously grateful.
First they drove my three screeching kids and me down to California in my minivan. The ride was slightly torturous, so my dad decided that he wanted to get it over with asap...he drove all night long and we arrived exhausted and early. It was great...okay, I lied...it was horrible, but we survived!!!
Then my saintly parents went to work on our new house...and I mean WORK! My mom used all her organizing skills to plan out my whole kitchen/pantry/laundry and, with the help of all varieties of baskets, bins, lazy susans, hooks, etc (thank you, Target.), she created a completely efficient kitchen. I actually love cooking in there now because she thought of everything and the space is smaller so I can work really fast. At the same time, my dad went to work arranging furniture and purchasing whatever we were lacking...dining furniture, dressers, shelves, etc. We are also the lucky recipients of an Ikea-Dad custom media unit and a corner bookshelf unit.
Did I mention my parents are saints?
Most importantly, my Mom and Dad are the best examples to us and they are incredible grandparents to our kids. It's only been 24 hours since they flew home and we miss them already.
First they drove my three screeching kids and me down to California in my minivan. The ride was slightly torturous, so my dad decided that he wanted to get it over with asap...he drove all night long and we arrived exhausted and early. It was great...okay, I lied...it was horrible, but we survived!!!
Then my saintly parents went to work on our new house...and I mean WORK! My mom used all her organizing skills to plan out my whole kitchen/pantry/laundry and, with the help of all varieties of baskets, bins, lazy susans, hooks, etc (thank you, Target.), she created a completely efficient kitchen. I actually love cooking in there now because she thought of everything and the space is smaller so I can work really fast. At the same time, my dad went to work arranging furniture and purchasing whatever we were lacking...dining furniture, dressers, shelves, etc. We are also the lucky recipients of an Ikea-Dad custom media unit and a corner bookshelf unit.
Did I mention my parents are saints?
Most importantly, my Mom and Dad are the best examples to us and they are incredible grandparents to our kids. It's only been 24 hours since they flew home and we miss them already.
Thanks, Mom and Dad.
Come back anytime!
Come back anytime!

7 comments:
What an adorable picture! Mom and Dad really are saints. I want to see pictures of all this organization! Also, we miss you guys, too! When Anna saw my mom this morning she asked, "Where's Drew?" She thought he'd be back with her.
Sweet. You do have fabulous parents!
Sweet blog, Beth! We miss you guys so much! Cute photo! It was so fun to spend so much time with you and your family this summer! I love your new home, your neighbourhood and your ward! Can't wait to come and visit again.
moms and dads ROCK!
So glad for you that you are all pretty much settled. Your parents are saints, and I love them, too!
Much love to you and Stu, and your adorable little ones - ssooo sweet!
K
I love your parents too! That is such a cute picture too!
Your parents are the best. Hope you are liking your new house.
Post a Comment