Stu:
- starting school at Berkeley...and really getting into it!
- snuggling baby Flora in your arms...and getting into that too.
Little Bear:
- Silly nicknames for your little sister: FK, Flora Katie (I like these two), For-fa, For-fee, (huh?)
- At one point you would only call her 'Flora' and your grandma asked, 'Why don't you call her Flora Kate, like everyone else?', 'Because she's not going to write that on her math papers!'
My mom explained that lots of people have two names. (Although, I actually find myself telling people that her name is Flora because it's easier to understand, so maybe Walker's right!)
Boo-boo:
- Adoring your Grand-mama and Grandpa Spackman with all your little heart. First thing every morning of their stay in Cali you begged to know Where are they? When are they coming? Where did they sleep?
- As I squished next to my Boo in the backseat of the car he says, "Mom, let me see your GUNS!" ...*pause*... PARDON?! What did you just say?! Oh, you want to see my muscles. (Thanks for the new term, Uncle Grant.)
- After watching Daddy give Walker a father's blessing you tried to put your hands on baby Flora's head during family prayer.
- "Mom, let's say a prayer that Flora Kate will go to sleep!" (Maybe I was a little too stressed out about FK's screaming fit and Drew's sweet little faithful solution actually worked!)
- Your Chairman Meow has now turned into an imaginary friend as well as a stuffed snugly toy. "Kitty wants to go to school too." (after Walker left for first grade) "Kitty needs to go potty." "Mom, there are two kitties. One is good and one is mean." (uh oh...this one scares me a little, but kinda explains a lot!)
Cupcake:
-bonking your head constantly while crawling
-your favorite new toy is the mirror...it is hilarious to watch you crawl over to the full-length mirror and chat, giggle and sing to yourself
- pulling yourself up into a standing position on everything...and then tumbling down to the ground again (I hold my breath each time and usually you don't hurt yourself...usually.)
- clapping and "chatting" - so adorable!
- in the middle of a tired screaming fit, you caught a glimpse of Drew and started grinning!
- constant giggles at your biggest brother, Walker
4 comments:
I think your monthly updates are my favourite postings. They capture the flavour of your cute little family so succinctly. You do have adorable children - and a wonderful hubbie.
I agree. I think I might start doing them myself. Oh wait. Maybe I should just start with blogging something. Anything.
I love that this time shows a lot of Drew's sweeter side. Walker really is quite clever, isn't he? And I wish I could see FK laughing at herself in the mirror!
This was pure joy to read. I love your people, Bethy! You and Stu have added 3 more wonderful people to the earth to build up the Kingdom. They are just darling! Much love xxxxx00000 K
you are such a sweet mom. I love reading these posts!
Post a Comment