Tuesday, February 9, 2010

distorted beauty

Tonight I heard an incredible presentation from a guy named Devin Fisher, the Senior Manager of Digital Production at Gap Inc. He showed all kinds of photos before his team worked on them and then and after editing for ads and magazine spreads. I already tell myself that most of those gorgeous women I see in print are just cartoons - just to make myself feel better - but viewing the actual photos and the extensive touch-ups was fascinating.

This short film by Dove summarized his remarks beautifully.

http://www.dove.us/?dl=/features/videos/default.aspx%7Ccp-documentid=7049579%7Cvideo-id=1&source=shareBlogger

"...for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."
(1 Samuel 16:7)

4 comments:

Flora said...

Amazing video. Thanks for sharing. What else did dude say in the presentation?

bubblegumandlipgloss said...

I know Devin Fisher!! He and his wife Christine and their three kids were in our ward in Pleasanton....we LOVE them. It is such a small world. That was a good video. Hope you guys are doing well. We still want to come visit.

love,
stacie

Cumorah said...

I love the "onslought" video - reminding us to talk to our daughters before the beauty industry does. It's a scary, 'beautiful' world out there - thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

Hey b.Liz - this is a great post - thanks for sharing. Sounds like a fabulous presentation. Kathy