Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Loves: February

Little Bear:
- cheering (loudly, I might add) for the dirty Americans during the white-knuckle men's gold-medal hockey game. We must be failing as Canadian parents. (Go Canada!)
- bravely tackling your first swim lesson of the season without a single tear and only minimal protest - horray! (Let's cross our fingers for the same maturity at swim team next month!)

Boo-boo:
- explaining to me that the hockey player depicted on your gray t-shirt is "playing golf on ice." Yikes...further evidence we're losing our Canadian-ness!
- during one of your sincere and very long prayers: "thank thee for cats, thank thee for blankets, and thank thee for eyelashes"
- enthusiastic exclamation over cupcake's nightgown: "I love your new jammie-dress, Baby!"
- my pondering 4-year-old "Mommy, who's smarter, mommy or daddy?" "Who's stronger, boys or girls?"
- mastering your big boy bike and begging to ride every day, rain or shine (a big thank you to Grandpa Spackman for assembling said bike and teaching him how to ride) Oh, and your favorite "trick" is propping the training wheels up on the curb and turning it into a stationary bike, then pedaling like crazy while laughing hysterically.
- bragging to all your little friends about going for super-long bike rides and "adventures" with his Grandpa on the Iron Horse Trail
- "I don't want rock star hair today...I want Anakin Skywalker hair!!!" You only know about this character from watching your big bro play the LEGO Star Wars game...so, in fact you demanded LEGO hair. Yup...it matches perfectly.


Cupcake:
- Feb 2nd will go down in history as the day you figured out how to climb up onto the kitchen chairs...and a few minutes later I heard some rustling in the kitchen and discovered my little baby playing with the (thankfully, cold) stove after pushing the chair over and climbing up...um, my world just changed.
- your capabilities have now surpassed your ability to control yourself. Congratulations.
- your struggle with language is a constant source of laughter...most of the time it sounds like you're speaking Na'vi, but we can make out a little bit of English sometimes. My favorites right now: Drew (Dwoooo), dirty, strawberry, brocooli ('b' followed by a deep growl), water, yeah-yeah-yeah, stinky and cheese.

13 comments:

Stu said...

I love "playing golf on ice"...that's my fav!

Sara and Dustin said...

I can totally see Drew making his bike into a stationary bike and laughing like crazy! It's nice to know that it's not only girls that have an opinion about hair. Also, I think it's hilarious you called them "dirty Americans" on your blog!! Wasn't that an incredible game??

Sara and Dustin said...

Is Stuart not one of your "loves" anymore?

b.liz said...

Oh no...you noticed that Stu was left off my list. Of course he's still one of my loves (okay, you're THE love, hunny). All he does lately is study and work and study some more...and I love him for it!

Sara, I shouldn't call them dirty Americans because I am one now!

Flora said...

I adore your "loves" posts! Walker is cheering for the AMERICANS? Truly, where is his heart? I thought those red Olympic mittens would have melted any love of the American hockey team! I am so impressed that he is doing so well in swimming. How are the other children doing in their lessons? What is the name of the program that Walker is taking his piano lessons? I'm so impressed that Drew is still doing his stationary bike routine! Why is he so funny? "Jammie-dress?" Hysterical! And why is Flora pushing chairs around to do MORE climbing? That is truly horrific! Sure miss you and your beautiful family!

Kathy said...

Sweet Bethy! These loves are fabulous! I 'love' reading them monthly!! I laughed over your comments of the Americans vs Canadians. You ALL will ALWAYS be Canadians to me! Love you lots - K

BarbaraJo said...

Cute family! I got my hair cut similar to yours. How do you style it? Blow-dry? round brush? flat iron?

Kathy said...

Happy birthday, Beth! Enjoy your wonderful day and best wishes for a fabulous year with your precious family. Much love -kathy

Emily said...

Liz, This is Emily, I was one of Erika's roomates at BYU. I ran into a cute sister missionary here that is Brandon's little sister. Sara's husband. Anyway, I was looking for a way to contact her. Cute posts by the way. I have had fun blog stalking you and remembering your beautiful smile and visits to our apartment in Bowen Hall. Anyway if you could email me some way to contact sara I would love that emilyandryan01@gmail.com

Flora said...

March is almost over - I am looking forward to your March "My Loves" post.

Flora said...

March is almost over - I am looking forward to your March "My Loves" post.

Flora said...

Why did it post twice? Sorry 'bout that!

Kathy said...

Bethy - I miss your updates! I too am looking forward to your My Loves post! xx00