Friday, April 30, 2010

My Loves: April

Stu-ball:
- faithfully doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen virtually every Sunday
- rocking FK to sleep during church and then holding her for almost 2 hours...every week
- putting up with my occasional cranky moments and pervasive impatience
- telling me I'm beautiful even when I'm sweaty and stinky after an intense workout. (It's totally not true, but I still love to hear it!)

Walker bear:
- trying so hard to follow instructions on deck at your first swim team practice, and then 10 seconds later goofing off and chatting with your buddy instead of paying attention!
- constant negotiations, rushing through chores, scribbling out homework assignments, gulping dinner - all for the sake of a few more minutes to play wii
- ferociously reading a tall stack of chapter books from the library in 2 days over spring break and begging for more
- hopping up and running to grab the milk/diaper/phone/blankie/book whenever I need help
- "well, maybe we can't go to piano lessons today because we're heading up to the cabin." ...in two months!

Drew-boo:
- Singing the same silly song over and over because you think it's hilarious when your baby sister happily screams at the end. (Ever heard the crocodile version of row, row, row your boat? If not, come to our house!)
- mumbling, mumbling (as I'm trying to floss your teeth): "Who are you talking to?" Boo-boo: "My spaceship friends!"
- a prayer overheard while you were sitting on the potty: "please help me to stay dry and to not pee in my pants...please bless baby Flora to feel better..." (the prayer went on and on)
- "Can I please pet your dog?" - heard many times per day as you abruptly stop your bike or run up to random strangers everywhere we go
- "What's your baby Flora's name?" - asked to the substitute primary teacher about her baby
- gobbling up your dreaded asparagus because you want to be an astronaut when you grow up

Flora-cakes:
- huge scream on cue after Drew's silly crocodile song
- attempting to say your own name - sounds something like 'sigh-yah'. Unfortunately you can't pronounce 'f', 'l', or 'r', so your name might be a problem!
- becoming obsessed with your stuffed kitty, "Na-na", and toting it around everywhere (sound familiar, Boo-boo?)
- during dinner tonight you finally discovered what that mysterious four-pronged tool is used for. You were soooo excited with squeals of delight and happy kicks after every bite of meat and broccoli that you successfully forked into your mouth all by yourself! Next month we'll work on refraining from hurling all unwanted food to the floor.
- stretching after your nap, "How are you feeling, baby-girl?", "Uhhh, good" Did she just answer me?
- "Who's hungry?" shooting her hand in the air "Meeeeeeee!" She definitely just answered me!

5 comments:

BarbaraJo said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you floss your kids teeth. We are doing good to just get them brushed. HA. Miss you.

Flora said...

Your children are a hoot! We can't wait to see you - and then Walker can miss his piano lessons for real! Can you take a video of him practicing the piano? I'm dying to hear how he is doing. And more photos would be oh, so gratefully appreciated.

Kathy said...

I agree with your mom. Beth! More photos would be so gratefully appreciated! You have a beautiful family, sweet Beth - and I bet you are so beautiful after your work-out! Love you lots, K

Sara and Dustin said...

I bet you look gross after your work out. Stu is delusional. haha! I don't know if I've ever seen you NOT looking awesome. Well, okay. Maybe a couple of times. Also, I've always been impressed with Stu's baby whisperer skills - he's a master! I love your kids - so much!!

Flora said...

Hey - I have never seen you look gross - ever. And I have seen you in labour! You always look amazing. Seriously. It's annoying.