Friday, March 6, 2009

File this under: TMI

My baby is adorable, but she has a nasty habit of pooping on everything...all while looking adorable, of course. I'm getting really sick of scrubbing adorable newborn poop stains so I've come up with a few possible solutions to the problem.

Solution #1) Invent the first full-body disposable diaper, since I think nothing else would contain cupcake's explosions. I know...ew!
Solution #2) Dye everything she touches brown or yellow - clothes, blankets, bedding, carseat, ME!
Solution #3) Discover a special diet or miracle drug that makes her poop "washable" - a life-saving feature on Drew's felt markers.
or
Solution #4) Stop feeding her.

I guess number five is to just suck it up (no thanks!)...so, what's your solution?

8 comments:

Collette said...

I'm paying attention to any suggestions since I'm about to start going through this again! That newborn poop is the worst, isn't it?

ang said...

i wish i had a solution, but alas, i have a pair of unfortunate jammies soaking in the laundry room as i type...

Maja said...

Sunlight bar soap. It still is no fun to scrub - but it gets it out everytime! I hear you on the gross factor. And the raw knuckle factor. And the "are-you-kidding-me-again" factor!

Sara and Dustin said...

At least the poop is "adorable." I deal with nasty Anna-refusing-to-be-potty-trained-poop every day. I'm just kidding. Newborn poop is awful. Good luck!

Am I totally out of it? What is TMI?

b.liz said...

TMI: Too Much Information

(Get with it, Sara! haha)

Flora said...

I would definitely try Gal Friday as soon as you find the stain. (Rinse the crap out first, then let the Gal Friday soak for a while.) Then use the yellow Sunlight bar soap that Maja suggested. Have you tried the old-fashioned plastic pants OVER the diaper to keep the poop from leaking out onto her clothes? http://www.amazon.com/Priva-Waterproof-Clear-Vinyl-Pants/dp/B000XPX0WM/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1236548281&sr=8-1.

My guess is that she has skinny little legs (like her mommy) and the gap between the diaper and her leg is causing the oozing poo. The plastic pants might help.

As Grandpa Walker said frequently, "Be happy her bowels are working. You would be pretty upset - and she would be a sick little girl - if she couldn't have bowel movements!"

Kathy said...

Hi Beth - I just read your mom's post and it made me laugh out loud! My dad had the same saying about bowel movements! CLEARLY the members of that generation were all about the bowels moving! EVERY time I was sick, my dad would ask "when was the last time [I] went to the bathroom?". Guess what? When my kids are not feeling well I do the same thing. Hey - is this maybe TMI!!!??!!!

Flora said...

So, my attempt at getting vinyl underpants to put over FK's diapers kinda' didn't work. (I understand that they are a little large. Do they fit YOU? You can just save them until you are incontinent.) So have you figured out a way to get the stains out?