Me: There's nothing coming out.
Drew: That's because they are eating boogies.
-----
At the dinner table the other day Drew was pretending to give lavish birthday gifts to everyone in the family.Drew: Walker can have Lego and baby can have baby toys and mommy can have a mommy toy...
Me: What's a mommy toy?
Drew: um...
Walker: I know, a new computer!
(Yikes...I guess I "play" with my computer more than I thought.)
-----
Sunday morning Walker was asking all kinds of questions about fasting. We got into a long discussion about why we fast, how long we fast, when Walker can start to fast and why does Daddy fast and Mommy doesn't fast (b/c I'm breastfeeding...and that set off a whole new line of questioning!). There was a pause in Walker's questions and Drew, who was quietly eating his breakfast and wanted to participate, piped up:"We can wun(run) fast...we can wace(race) fast..."
-----
As I was sitting on the couch, Drew walked passed me and started rubbing my bare leg. "Your leg feels spikey, Mom!"-----
Walker begged to have shrimp for dinner and I was quite excited to try the garlic butter pasta dish I whipped up when Drew caught a glimpse of the food and protested, "I don't like shrimp! I don't like their hard nails." "Don't worry, Drew", I said, "I removed all the tails." (BTW, he gobbled up all the yummy shrimp with the fresh pedicures!)-----
Drew: Mom, can I please have a sip of your beer?
Me: It's ROOT beer, hun...and 'no'.
Drew (immediately turns to his Dad): Dad, can I please have a sip of your coconut?
Stu (swigs his Diet Coke and turns to me): What did he just say?
Me: It's ROOT beer, hun...and 'no'.
Drew (immediately turns to his Dad): Dad, can I please have a sip of your coconut?
Stu (swigs his Diet Coke and turns to me): What did he just say?
6 comments:
I love it! Mostly the part that Stu didn't get what coconut was...it takes a mom, right?
Hi Beth - I think Stu absolutely knew what 'coconut' was - look at how quickly he finished it off! Smart father of 3! Thanks for sharing all the great stories. love you - Kathy
Ahh....coconut. So delicious. I hardly ever drink it anymore after that Dec. Ensign article about caffeine. That's the downside about reading chruch mags.
ha ha stu!!
I love Drew! You have spikey legs? I don't believe it!
Oh how I love that little Drew!! :D He's so precious!
Post a Comment