"Let us relish life as we live it,
find joy in the journey,
and share our love with friends and family."
- President Thomas S. Monson
find joy in the journey,
and share our love with friends and family."
- President Thomas S. Monson
"Enjoy the little things in life,
for one day you'll look back and realize
they were the big things."
they were the big things."
- Robert Brault
In an effort to show my gratitude for the little things, I've started writing down all my favorite moments with my favorite people from the past few weeks. (Credit for this idea goes to a lovely and talented friend, Kristy.)Stu:
- volunteering (HAPPILY) to watch the kids all day so Katie and I could go shopping in Walnut Creek...oh, and for financing said trip.
- scrubbing the master shower (with a toothbrush) even though it is getting cleaned in two days..."I just can't stand it another second."
- folding load-after-load of laundry while we watched Heroes and 30 Rock.
- the beautiful blush pink roses.
- the super-crispy bacon served to me in bed on my birthday (oooo...and cinnamon toast).
- watching you lick up every drop of that delish Thai red curry sauce.
- your incredible example of consistent early-morning workouts...and inspiring me to get moving again.
- calling from work every day just to see how we're doing.
Little Bear:
- your sweaty hair, red face, and shoes full of sand after school.
- your loud, loud, LOUD coos at Cupcake.
- bossing Drew constantly and being the big bro...always in charge.
- sharing the big black chair with Boo-boo while watching your Friday movie.
- letting Drew choose Go, Diego, Go! for the Friday movie. Again.
- helping me constantly with a "sure mom" after I ask you to run upstairs and grab something for the million-th time!
- picking up baby-cakes and chatting away with her when I'm busy.
- working so hard out in the yard picking weeds to earn your Lego set. You did it!
Boo-boo:
- sitting on the potty singing a song you made up about sharks
- your extreme adoration for Chairman Meow II and your "favowite bwankie"
- trying and trying to get to the potty in time.
- your sleepy little body and flush-red face with a fever..."I have big coughs."
- holding a bite of green beans in your mouth as you watched the whole family finish dinner and eat dessert...and then finally swallowing.
- a sincere hug and sweet little apology after getting sent to the time-out step. Again.
Cupcake:
- the sweet smell of your fuzz-ball head.
- big stretches when you wake up from a nap with your stunned little blinking face.
- listening to your overtired cry for only a few minutes and heaving a huge sigh of relief when you finally drift off to sleep. Weaned off the soother after only 2 days!
- discovering the joys of sucking your thumb shortly thereafter.
- your big toothless grin.
- your first full-belly giggles. To die!
- the frustration on your face when your hands just won't grab a toy you desperately want to shove into your mouth! Keep tryin', hunny.
- smooching your soft belly...and chins...and thighs...(I just can't get enough!)
6 comments:
Very sweet lists! I love lists.
Yes, twins - I am really terrible at sharing the news and tend to rely on my more social family counterparts (Mom & Amy) to do that for me. Lame I know. But yes I am due July 30th...but most likely they will come early. We are very excited despite my occasional cry fest! Anyways, I hope you are well - and hopefully we will see you sometime soon!
WOAH! MA's having twins?! That's so exciting!!
Awesome post, Beth. You have an incredible family (even if Stu is a little neurotic about cleaning). It's fun hearing the everyday little things about your kids. It makes me miss them. But we're seeing you in less than a MONTH!!
Did you know I have your first quote on my blog and your second quote hanging on my wall? You chose good ones!
this is so sweet!
and i can't believe he held the beans in his mouth that long! LOL!
Your descriptions are so clear that my heart felt like I was in California with you and your beautiful family. I miss you! May I add a few of my "gratitudes" for B.Liz?
-your love of motherhood and your willingness to sacrifice whatever it takes to be the best mom you can
-the delightful "love books" that you encourage (and help) your children make for us! True treasures!
-your verbal and writing skills – you are oh-so clever!
-Grant deems you “entertaining!” (What do you think he means by that?) I think he finds it amusing that you become more “blond” as you spend time around your sisters – especially Mary Anne!
-your skills in cooking and your fearlessness in the kitchen – always experimenting with new recipes! Yum!
-no one – and I mean no one – can compare to you in giving directions. I am always amazed at the clearness of your direction-giving.
-along the same lines, I have never met anyone who can navigate a mall like you can. Malls are designed for your brain. I know this because you are never lost in a mall – even if it is the first time you have visited said mall. It’s truly a gift.
-your creativity in many areas of your life is inspiring. Who, but B.Liz, would think of phoning the local fire department to have a fire truck and real fire men come to their children’s birthday party?!!! What a treat for the children AND their mothers!
-your choice of a husband has influenced our family greatly – and the ramifications of that choice will be felt for generations – probably eternity – not just in your family, but in the lives of your siblings. Your sisters have mentioned to me several times that you set the bar very high in your choice of your husband, and they want to marry someone “just like Stu.” (I think Mary Anne and Sara have done a great job in choosing spouses of Stuart’s caliber! Come on, Holly! You can do it!) And Grant thinks of Stuart as the big brother he didn’t have. We will be forever grateful for the eternal covenants that you and Stuart have made and your love and commitment to each other – through good times and challenging times.
I hope you know how much you are loved!
Oh my...I feel the love, Mom! You are too sweet.
I'm a little concerned about Grant's comment - not too sure what that means. And, you're totally right about choosing Stu. I was just telling my friend yesterday that I scored when I married him.
Wow...that's definitely too high of praise for the stu-ball but thank you anyway...
Great post babe...I love how you highlighted my OCD. G-pa Andy lives on!!
Post a Comment