Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Loves: May

Favorite little moments with my loves this month

DH:
- celebrating our first 10 years together...here's to the next decade!
- holding your hand in Mary Anne and Nelson's sealing ceremony and remembering why I married you
- the way you played peek-a-boo (emphasis on the boo) with Cupcake to scare away her hiccups
- watching you examine a hornet's nest, weed the yard, and hop fences with our boys
- making mother's day lovely and relaxing
- insisting on taking the kids to the splash park and then taking tons of photos...nobody adores our kids more!
- ambitiously taking both boys to the Father-Son camp-out...okay, the ambitious part was taking Drew

"Peace out, Mom." - all my boys on their way to the Father-Son overnight camp out

Little Bear:
- (overheard) "You're not the boss of me, Drew....Mommy is!"
- eager to please and always so sincere
- asking every morning "Is it a school day?"
- happily setting the table for dinner every night
- your sweet disposition to never fight back whenever Drew bonks you on the head, refuses to share or otherwise terrorizes you
- lots of affectionate hugs and linger-a-little-too-long-kisses
- watching proudly as you walked across the stage to accept your graduation certificate. Congrats on finishing Kindergarten! (...not that we were worried)
- listening to you read stories to Drew and getting confused at the crazy Dr. Seuss words...you're such a big boy!

Walker with his darling Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Kirschenman

Boo-boo:
- at the dinner table Daddy says that Walker is eating at a snail's pace. Drew giggles and points at Walker, "Daddy says you have a snails face!"
- that tiny little voice and constant chatter
- showing off your muscles by jabbing your elbows forward
- your mystery "owies" (How did you cut your lip, Drew? "I dunno." *big shrug*)
- getting excited about making the baby giggle and piling mountains of toys around her - finally enjoying your baby sister!
- your perfect delivery on a favorite knock-knock joke ending with: "Dwain the bathtub I'm dw-ownding."

Typical moment at our house: Drew's fingers in FK's mouth giggling
and Walker giving a huge smooch.

Cupcake:
- sitting up on your own...usually
- wailing whenever I walk out of the room (annoying, yet heart-warming at the same time)
- sitting on my hip and sucking on my long necklace until we are both covered in slobber
- greeting me with a huge smile and a coo when I pick you up after your nap
- letting me dress you up in the girlie-est outfits and biggest bows I can find
- watching your sweet little face as you look up to grin at me...and then sitting in one spot playing happily with your toys. (I love this age!)

2 comments:

Sara and Dustin said...

I love that you do these every month. They're fun to read. Grant and I almost doubled over laughing at Drew's "snail face" comment!! That is super hilarious. Also, I'm very impressed that Walker never fights back to Drew's instigating. That is an incredible blessing for you.

Kelsey Marie said...

I quite enjoy reading these monthly 'loves'. It is nice to get a little recap on the past month at the Thompson household. I love the pictures--my boys are growing up SO fast! Congrats to Walker on graduating kindergarten! :D And my little Drew is looking dashingly mature and older! Flora is adorable as always and I love seeing all the pictures of her smiling face. I miss you a ton and love ya!