Sweet hubbie:
- two words: still employed!
- getting excited about the late September heat wave because that means we can hit the pool for family night (at the same time I'm wishing for cooler weather!)
LB:
- literally standing in front of the clock and counting down the seconds until 4:15 when I said you could turn on the new video game with your friend, Isaac. Lego just can't compete with Wii!
- "My teacher says I'm mostly the best reader in the class!" (Did she actually say it? I don't know...but Walker is sure proud of his new reading skills.)
- bravely playing basketball with the other boys on your team even though you were in tears and not sure which way to shoot the ball
- getting crazy excited about buying a little venus fly trap plant and then we get it home and you said with disappointment, "So, how do I play with it?"
- choosing a family trip to Chuck E. Cheese (of all places) instead of a birthday party this year!
Boo-boo:
- making the sweetest wish after tossing a penny into the fountain (okay, actually trying to hit the previously-peaceful birds with said wishing penny): "I wish that my kitty would be real!"
- one afternoon you were lying on the couch with your blankie, tired from lots of playing, and you had to go get Flora her 'snuggly' (read: burp cloth) because "she's tired too" - even though she just woke up from her nap
- you're right...2's kinda do look like Z's
- running and running until your little face is flushed and your head is sweaty at your chaotic basketball practice
- "Let's go swim in the cat pool!" (Kiddy pool = kitty pool)
- "Eyeball!": the punchline to every joke
Cupcake:
- taking one bite of your beef barley soup and then promptly spitting it all over me
- first "words": mamamamama, da da, ba ba(book and boo)
- favorite song: All the little fish-ies swimming in the water...when it comes to bubbles, bubbles there are tons of giggles and then POP and you are in hysterics and clapping every time
- imitating any dancing, clapping, waving, etc.
- your sweet, sweet "kisses" (really just an open-mouthed lean-in)
- tirelessly playing peek-a-boo with your burp cloth
7 comments:
I love when you do these "My Loves" posts. I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud at some of the things your kids do. I wish you lived in Calgary!
Yay for still being employed!
Yay for such a great reader!
Yay for the cat pool and eyeballs!
Yay for soup showers and snuggling with barf cloths!
I love your family. We miss you guys.
Yay for the Mom who writes such wonderful posts. I, too, wish you guys lived closer but we are so happy that you are so happy! Such a miracle for Stuart's employment! What a guy!
Wait - it's actually Janine, but I see I'm signed in as Alex and I'm too lazy to change it
Yes - I did say ex-pecially as a joke.
You know, it's very easy to make Drew's wish about his kitty come true. Wait until he sees our new kitty (who's almost full grown now) because he LOVES to play with kids.
Oh! You do My loves too! I do that at the end of every month. And you finally got a girl!
Kage: I was completely inspired by your "my loves" posts...so I copied! I hope you don't mind.
Beth, you should take your kids to a pet store and play with the pets. A lot places let you play with almost any animal (except fish for some fishy reason)
Grant
Post a Comment