Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More lake photos you say? No problem.


Thompson reunion

We had a Thompson reunion, of sorts, in Montana...complete with tons of cousin time, plus swimming boating skiing wake-surfing jet-skiing hiking cooking eating piano-playing singing eating game-playing fun!  There was only one minor-ish injury (Matt's poor foot) and we all had a fabulous time together...at least I did!!!

All the Thompson cousins together...most in their jammies!


Darling blondies, Flora and Lucy
Not-so-darling blondies, Quinn and Walker (just kidding boys, you're adorable!)

FK was absolutely terrified of her teenage boy cousins.  I mean tears-and-screaming-whenever-they-walked-in-the-room kinda terrified.  It made for very awkward (read: disastrous) meals and an exhausted momma. I would slip "magic beans" (chocolate covered raisins) and lucky charms into the boys' pockets so they could bribe her to calm the heck down!  Finally on the last day of the reunion she was brave enough to pose for this photo with these very sweet boys, Sam (13) and Coleman (15).  She even has a tiny smile...that's progress.
More from Montana...

Dancing Baby Ladies...Flora and her cousins, Anna and Lucy (Notice the incredible aqua reflective lake in the background... shame on us for snapping pictures instead of getting out there and skiing first! These prancing little girls were tough to resist.)


Ready for his first boat ride, poor baby has his face all scrunched into the life jacket.  Safety first, glamour second.



Most afternoons - okay, mornings too - were spent with the kids playing just like this...rocks, crawdads, splashing...oh, and lots of dips in the hot tub too!
Behind the boat


Go Grandmama! It cracks me up that my mom made sure her grandkids were in the boat to cheer her on: "I want you kids to remember that you saw your Grandma ski!"
My Dad kept saying he wasn't skiing very well that day.  Um, I think you smoked it, Dad!


My man getting ready to ski...isn't he cute??  Stu worked his buns off learning a sport that's important to me and my family - evidence below.  (Sidenote: Why, oh why, is blogger loading this photo landscape? Grrrr!)





Here's Stu having an evening ski with the sun setting and a calm lake...it doesn't get much better than that!


3 comments:

Sara and Dustin said...

Awesome pictures, Beth! I love that you posted Mom and Dad skiing.

Flora said...

Well, I'm not super happy about the water ski photo, but I love the updated blog so I hate to complain. I wish you had got a photo of your Dad doing a back-flip off the diving platform.

janmatheny said...

ah beth this makes me want to go back so bad! I love Uncle Larry skiing. Great shot! miss you guys!