Yeah, that's right...Canadian Thanksgiving!
We celebrated with a modified feast last night and talked about what we love about Canada. Walker said, "I love Grandma and Grandpa's cabin." Oh, well...that's actually in Montana, hunny. Stu and I love our Canadian family and friends and Drew loves the snow.
I'm glad we did the turkey dinner last night because I made two discoveries for our "other" Thanksgiving at the end of November.
1) Trader Joe's makes the yummiest pie crust (in the frozen section). It tastes just as good as homemade. Who am I kidding? I don't make pie crust from scratch, but really this one was de-lish.
2) Somehow I accidentally purchased a 6 pound turkey breast instead of an entire turkey...and we all loved it! Stu was choked that he wasn't going to get any dark meat, but after tasting the tender white meat he was sold. Seriously...try it!
5 comments:
The dinner was indeed delicious...when I told co-workers about my double dose of Turkey day this year they were very jelous...it's the best holiday ever (my apologies to Christmas of course)!
Good for you, Beth! I'm certainly not doing two dinners this year. I can't be bothered. We did have pie tonight for a little celebration. That counts, right? I didn't even know you could buy 6lbs turkey breasts. That's crazy!
Well done on the Canadian Thanksgiving! I agree - there is not enough turkey in our lives. I have decided to go with a variation of Sara's pie idea. We are going to have a pie party every USA Thanksgiving. Pie is really something everyone looks forward to at Thanksgiving, but often too full to enjoy. (I didn't even eat any pie last night. I had my piece for breakfast this morning.) So we are going to do a pie party every November.
Our Thanksgiving was great fun – 27 over for dinner. On fast Sunday. (There should be a law against that combo.) Sad news – we burned the stock that was simmering over night. So the house reeked. Consequently, I had to buy a new turkey today so we could have turkey noodle soup. (Holly loves turkey noodle soup better than the turkey dinner!) We baked two turkeys in two days! And the soup tonight was divine! The house no longer stinks! Happy Thanksgiving!
Beth - Did you make soup? How did it turn out?
Post a Comment